Boykin/Thurmond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boykin/Thurmond

Is Thurmond playing outside? Is Boykin? They're both nickels. Nothing makes sense.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Boykin is probably on the block

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      Boykin is probably on the block
      He wants to start on the outside and that's not going to happen with the Eagles. A trade wouldn't be surprising, him leaving next year in FA even less so.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

So they still have no corner opposite Byron Maxwell, unless Thurmond is going to play outside - which, if they trade Boykin, would leave them needing a nickel.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Might as well sign Browner and have the LOB minus the three best players.

Comment

not only do we need a CB, but we need a S too

Comment

I think carrol will be starting somewhere

Comment

Is this an analytics thing? Chip keeps bringing in former 1st round picks who are just turning 26/27. Is that some sweet spot or something for former flops? Malcolm Jenkins, Graham, Bradford, Matthews?

Comment

We always used to hear this shit with Sheldon Brown back in the day, but why don't the Eagles just move Boykin to safety? They've said multiple times how they want their safeties to be guys with cover skills. Boykin is the same size as Tyrann Mathieu and I don't think I've ever watched Boykin and said "he's soft". There's been talk of moving Carroll there, but I gotta think Boykin would be a better CF than him. Plus, if they're not gonna pay Boykin starting CB either way, why not try him at S, and if he kills it, then pay him starting S money.

Could he be any worse than Nate Allen back there? Draft a kid to come in and compete with Carroll and Watkins for the slot job.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    Is this an analytics thing? Chip keeps bringing in former 1st round picks who are just turning 26/27. Is that some sweet spot or something for former flops? Malcolm Jenkins, Graham, Bradford, Matthews?
                    That's what I'm thinking.

hey, we could always pick up MM after his rookie contract expires. He will be about the same age.

Comment

Is Thurmond playing outside? Is Boykin? They're both nickels. Nothing makes sense.
                      Thurmond can actually play on the outside. His versatility (heh) is probably why they signed him.

Comment

Here's some advanced scouting on Thurmond

Originally posted by PSU View Post
                        Dynamic slot corner in Walter Thurmond
                        Originally posted by PSU View Post
                        Walter Thurmond (elite SLOT corner)

Comment

Yes, and with history of injuries. Maybe Chip feels confident in his conditioning system to rejuvenate these players, maybe somewhat like Celek has been rejuvenated by it.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                            He wants to start on the outside and that's not going to happen with the Eagles. A trade wouldn't be surprising, him leaving next year in FA even less so.
                            I saw it here but didn't hear it - Boykin is going to be given a chance to start on the outside now?
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                              We always used to hear this shit with Sheldon Brown back in the day, but why don't the Eagles just move Boykin to safety? They've said multiple times how they want their safeties to be guys with cover skills. Boykin is the same size as Tyrann Mathieu and I don't think I've ever watched Boykin and said "he's soft". There's been talk of moving Carroll there, but I gotta think Boykin would be a better CF than him. Plus, if they're not gonna pay Boykin starting CB either way, why not try him at S, and if he kills it, then pay him starting S money.

Could he be any worse than Nate Allen back there? Draft a kid to come in and compete with Carroll and Watkins for the slot job.

I thought this exactly, but figured some here would scoff at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X