Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Eagles still draft a top QB prospect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Eagles still draft a top QB prospect?

Everything I'm reading says Bradford is here on a "tryout" basis. Still think Chip wants a guy with wheels and Bradford is the opposite of that.

But why give up assets for a guy you don't particularly believe in? I don't like the strategy. Too expensive for a test drive.

If Bradford busts, who's the QB in 2016? And if he doesn't, do you risk $100 million on signing him?
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

To me, how can you not, given his injury history? That said, I think Chip legitimately likes Sanchez and is comfortable with him should Bradford go down.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

me too

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      To me, how can you not, given his injury history? That said, I think Chip legitimately likes Sanchez and is comfortable with him should Bradford go down.
      If we believe Herremans though, Chip is looking for his QB

Comment

I'm cool with Sanchez as a long-term backup. But depending on Bradford as the franchise is risky. Even healthy, he doesn't add the running threat. Would have rather dealt Foles for picks. Gives you more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Everything I'm reading says Bradford is here on a "tryout" basis. Still think Chip wants a guy with wheels and Bradford is the opposite of that.

But why give up assets for a guy you don't particularly believe in? I don't like the strategy. Too expensive for a test drive.

If Bradford busts, who's the QB in 2016? And if he doesn't, do you risk $100 million on signing him?
          It isnt a test drive MARIOTA is not going to be an Eagle

Comment

Sanchez is OK IF YOUR QB IS OUT FOR A GAME OR TWO. But, if anyone is expecting him to take over a team and bring them to the promised Land, they are delusional. And Bradford doesn't get sprained ankles. He gets surgeries.

Comment

He's brought in Barkley, Sanchez, and Bradford. Why do you still think he wants someone with wheels?

Comment

Absolutely...maybe even Hundley in 1st
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Picking someone in the 1st or 2nd round would surprise me but 3rd or later not so much.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

I would bet Bryan Bennett as mentioned before.
                    Last edited by Eagle Road; 03-11-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                      He's brought in Barkley, Sanchez, and Bradford. Why do you still think he wants someone with wheels?
                      Because that's been his M.O. in the past. And he's talked about the value of the run threat when praising Russell Wilson.

He went with Vick over Foles for mobility. I don't think there's been another chance to go mobile.

Comment

Because that's been his M.O. in the past. And he's talked about the value of the run threat when praising Russell Wilson.

He went with Vick over Foles for mobility. I don't think there's been another chance to go mobile.
                        Vick was pretty much a perfect passer that preseason too.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                          Vick was pretty much a perfect passer that preseason too.
                          My recollection is that Foles outplayed him. I'm sure the veteran leadership factored in.

Comment

My recollection is that Foles outplayed him. I'm sure the veteran leadership factored in.
                            No, they both played great but Foles tossed one (or two maybe?) interceptions and that was pretty much the margin.

Comment

I'm cool with Sanchez as a long-term backup. But depending on Bradford as the franchise is risky. Even healthy, he doesn't add the running threat. Would have rather dealt Foles for picks. Gives you more flexibility.
                              Lol you never give up

Comment

Working...
                              X