Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Eagles still draft a top QB prospect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hundley probably be available in 4th round if he wants him....Remember the qb he recruited first over MM...

Comment

Regardless of where Bradford winds up, he now feels like a chess piece instead of an Eagle looking forward to a career in Philly. Chip is not a Players coach. Departed players have made that pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
        Regardless of where Bradford winds up, he now feels like a chess piece instead of an Eagle looking forward to a career in Philly. Chip is not a Players coach. Departed players have made that pretty clear.
        You and maniac make a good tag team

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
          Lol you never give up
          You realize you're bumping a post from a month ago, right?
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Chip is not a players coach

And CC is not a rational/intelligent/objective poster
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
              Absolutely...maybe even Hundley in 1st
              That's who I think they are taking.

Comment

I thought about this, too. But what if Bradford works out? Would Hundley be on the Aaron Rogers plan?
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  Everything I'm reading says Bradford is here on a "tryout" basis. Still think Chip wants a guy with wheels and Bradford is the opposite of that.

But why give up assets for a guy you don't particularly believe in? I don't like the strategy. Too expensive for a test drive.

If Bradford busts, who's the QB in 2016? And if he doesn't, do you risk $100 million on signing him?
                  My best guess is the following:

Chip really wants Mariota but he needs assets that top 5 teams want.

Cleveland has a higher pick and likes Bradford but not Foles.

Top teams are interested in the Cleveland pick + more, but not Foles

Normally moving up so far to get MM would be impossible but MM is not polished enough to be really worth a top 5 pick. He is only that valuable to Chip.

Furthermore MM wants to reunite with Chip. Any team that would pick MM would have to be concerned about loosing MM to chip in F Agency in three years. Therefore they'd be better off trading to Chip.

Therefore this is an unusual opportunity for a playoff caliber team to get up into the Top 5 without the splurge that the Skins made a few years ago. Furthermore, the Birds had Foles to use as one chip.

If Chip does not get MM, Bradford had his best year with the Eagles current O coordinator! He hopefully is useful to the Birds for a few years until MM becomes a FA.

Sanchez has proven he can win games against non-playoff teams. He can keep the Eagles competitive.

By going all-in on quality one-cut RBs Chip hopes to take pressure off of his QBs--rookie MM, fragile Bradford or limited Sanchez. He hopes to keep them in 3rd n short where MM's legs can be a factor, Bradford is less likely to end up on a stretcher and Sanchez's limited arm won't be such a factor.

I suppose Shady, Cole, Herramans and Allen are gone to make room under the cap in the event they have to keep Bradford & his 13mil contract. I assume they wanted Murray at RB all along but negotiations delayed too long and they settled for Matthews. Having to sign both of them probably screwed up Chip's cap somewhat.

Btw. There is rumor that Cleveland wants the Eagles to take Manziel in the trade for Bradford. I like Chip's chances to make Manziel more valuable after a year or two in his system, but I don't see Manziel getting enough playing time to become worth a 2nd round pick. He'd only be the #3 QB next year. I don't think he'll ever be more than a #2 QB with maybe a chance to put some pressure on a starting QB.

I really think MM could end up in green this year but having two capable QBs available keeps Chip from having to overpay. Other teams know Chip doesn't have to do the deal for MM in order for the Eagles to be a playoff contender.
                  Last edited by Joegrane; 04-10-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    I thought about this, too. But what if Bradford works out? Would Hundley be on the Aaron Rogers plan?
                    I don't like Hundley at all. His release is crazy long and exaggerated. He's fast and has a strong arm, but he does a lot of dumb shit when the play breaks down. Poor man's Kaepernick.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

There are three rules when dealin' with a deadly alligator. And yes, they are deadly, don't kid yaself. Rule number one, I'm number one. Ya hear that, I like ta kid around. Rule two, the croc's number two. Now before I begin...
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

tl;dr

Don't get me wrong, even if your posts were 1 word in length, I still wouldn't read them.

Comment

wouldn't surprise me one bit....

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                          Absolutely...maybe even Hundley in 1st
                          Draft some future Qb insurance with a rookie who meets your criteria....start filling holes the rest of the draft.

Kind of hope it happens because there is a possibility none of the QBs we currently have will be playing next year.
                          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                          X