Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two instances aren't the same

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
    Sell to black fanbase? It's professional sports, there's always going to be the mixture.

How can he sell to a white fanbase that he cut team white minority player that Todd Herremans was cut?

It's an insane concept
    He didn't have any of his Black players being caught drunk on camera calling a bunch of White people crackers or honkeys.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

With all due respect, Steven A is a jacka$$. The notion that Chip is racist is, itself, incredibly ignorant. I posted in another thread, that if he (or anyone else) cared to spend 5 minutes to do some research, he'd find plenty of evidence to the contrary. His coaching hires, bringing John Carlos in to talk to the Ducks. The list goes on. He obviously wants to revamp the roster. Cooper's contract makes him untradeable, but I guess that's not relevant, is it?

Honestly, it's insulting and it's the kind of thing that only hurts race relations. The day after the commemoration of the Selma march, nonetheless. Hope he got lots of ratings. He's a fraud.
      Last edited by McCarthy12; 03-13-2015, 11:31 AM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Likewise, I'm sure Dan Gilbert, owner of your beloved Cavs is an anti-Semite

I'm not seeing any Jewish players on the roster.

Just sayin'
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I saw what Stephen A said

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          With all due respect, Steven A is a jacka$$. The notion that Chip is racist is, itself, incredibly ignorant. I posted in another thread, that if he (or anyone else) cared to spend 5 minutes to do some research, he'd find plenty of evidence to the contrary. His coaching hires, bringing John Carlos in to talk to the Ducks. The list goes on. He obviously wants to revamp the roster. Cooper's contract makes him untradeable, but I guess that's not relevant, is it?

Honestly, it's insulting and it's the kind of thing that only hurts race relations. The day after the commemoration of the Selma march, nonetheless. Hope he got lots of ratings. He's a fraud.
          he never said that Chip was a racist. He never implied that Chip was a racist. he said that Black people were coming up to him and asking him "what's up with Chip". Now, whether he was approached by the brothas or whether it's someting in his own mind and he just didn't want to say that (which I doubt), the question itself is still valid. If Chip Kelly is going to be the one who talks about a culture that he wants to build, how is it that DeSean Jackson, who is really guilty of nothing more than being a diva WR and yelling at some coaches, is not worthy to be here, so much so that he's cut outight with no return compensation, but Riley Cooper is still considered worthy enought to be a part of the team ? Hell, that's a valid question whether is was from the brothas at the barber shop, or the fan in the whitest suburb in town. What Riley did was far worse than anything DeSean every did while he was here, up to and including the way he played during his contract dispute.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

In all seriousness........very well said.

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

The hell he didn't imply it.

EDITED TO ADD:

In fact, he's a coward for mealy-mouthing it.
              Last edited by slag; 03-13-2015, 11:48 AM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Sorry EIO.....you're hopeless

Go on believing what you believe.

It's obvious you've pretty made up your mind on this.

I won't argue the point with you, but I do think it's sad if you see racism in Chip Kelly's actions. There's no black and white in his football decisions. only w's and l's.

Comment

I hated the trade when it happened along with 99% of the bored when it happened. Although I've softened a bit on Bradford, I still hate the trade... Why exactly did we have to give up picks to make that swap? I guess I don't know the market, but it seems ridiculous.

It's hilarious though watching the bored trying to backtrack and get back in line now that some of the bored elders have started shifting back towards accepting the trade.

Edit - I'm just talking about the Bradford trade from my perspective. I was down with the plan regarding Shady, Maclin, etc.
                  Last edited by D Leff; 03-13-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

If you want to argue whether he "said" Chip is racist, fine. But do not insult my intelligence by attempting to argue that he did not imply that Chip is racist. That's exactly what he did. Come on, man.

As for the players, Desean admittedly quit on the team in 2011. Loafed it on that play against the Vikings and argued with coaches and teammates. I loved Desean. My son still rocks his jersey. But he did enough to convince a coach that he can be a headache. As for Cooper, his contract blows. Cooper sucks and he did something terrible. I wish they had cut him. However, his teammates, including Vick, went to bat for him after the incident, so perhaps that meant something to Kelly. If you want to argue that he has no utility as a football player I'll buy that, but Chip obviously disagrees. However, to imply that Chip is only keeping him over other players because he's white, is insulting. Hasn't worked out so well for Casey, Herremans, Foles (traded for an American Indian [GASP!])and Mathis...

Comment

OB, I personally do not think Chip is racist

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                      Go on believing what you believe.

It's obvious you've pretty made up your mind on this.

I won't argue the point with you, but I do think it's sad if you see racism in Chip Kelly's actions. There's no black and white in his football decisions. only w's and l's.
                      Never have. I think I've made that pretty clear. I don't think race is behind his decisions. Never have. However, that does not mean that if those questions are indeed being posed to Stephen A or anyone else that they're not valid. They most certainly are, since it's Chip who's talking about the culture he wants for his team.

Comment

Your "I'm out" post had me cracking up. I was a fan of Nikki and wanted to see one more year with him. Bradford is soft like 3ply, he was soft in college. Nick would get up off the mat when he got his ass kicked.

Not happy with the Murray signing. They could of just drafted a RB and saved cash. But fuck it, its not my money.

I'm a big fan of Chip, so I'm excited to see how this all plays out.
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

The beta emotion on here is hilarious... the bored was ready to crown chip when the news broke that the iggs swapped first round picks with the rams...then it swung completely the other way when the real details were released. Now it's centering itself and we're back to threads about race, mm, and titty milk. Emos
                          Last edited by Greenstealth; 03-13-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

As I said elsewhere, I could see Bradford going a full season this year, playing well and having us pumped for a run in 2016. Then breaking his leg in the first game of the season...

Comment

As I said elsewhere, I could see Bradford going a full season this year, playing well and having us pumped for a run in 2016. Then breaking his leg in the first game of the season...
                              That's why they'll draft another qb at some point in the draft. Unless chip really likes Barkley...who doesn't have the arm but does have the quick release that he likes.
                              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                                The hell he didn't imply it.

EDITED TO ADD:

In fact, he's a coward for mealy-mouthing it.
                                Smith wouldn't have a TV gig if he didn't say stupid shit. Implying it without saying it plays to his niche without getting him suspended.
                                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X