mariota could fall to 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariota could fall to 20

edit: didn't even scroll down to see the thread on this. Nevermind.
    Last edited by capitaleagle; 03-13-2015, 02:04 PM.

NHOH!!!!!!!

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
    edit: didn't even scroll down to see the thread on this. Nevermind.
    please lets just wait till draft day
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

I heard some guys on WIP asking if Mariotta

could refuse to go into this draft so he could get with Kelly next year.

The answer to that is no, but ...

It occurs to me that a better way for him to orchestrate that is to intentionally suck ass at workouts.

Hmmmmmmmmm?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It further occurs to me that if the Eagles were in the Hinkie frame of mind last year ... the operative phrase would have been Suck for the Duck.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          It further occurs to me that if the Eagles were in the Hinkie frame of mind last year ... the operative phrase would have been Suck for the Duck.
          Ha. I'm no conspiracy theorist but seriously... how much must Mariota want to fall to where kelly can draft him (without ruining the team for years in the process)? It's hard to see him falling past 5 honestly. Even if Tennessee and Oakland are for some reason happy with their QB situation, I cannot believe Gruden would pass on a chance to kick Griffin to the curb and start a rebuild. But stranger things have happened than highly touted QB prospects falling down the board...

Comment

Ha. I'm no conspiracy theorist but seriously... how much must Mariota want to fall to where kelly can draft him (without ruining the team for years in the process)? It's hard to see him falling past 5 honestly. Even if Tennessee and Oakland are for some reason happy with their QB situation, I cannot believe Gruden would pass on a chance to kick Griffin to the curb and start a rebuild. But stranger things have happened than highly touted QB prospects falling down the board...
            Multiple arrows point to Gruden hating RGKnee as his QB. I think the reports of them taking MM at 5 are legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              Multiple arrows point to Gruden hating RGKnee as his QB. I think the reports of them taking MM at 5 are legit.

That's why I said it was really weird that Gruden would name RG3 as his starter at the 1st of the year, before FA, the Draft, or TC, just seemed fake?
              Last edited by Eagle Road; 03-13-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                That's why I said it was really weird that Gruden would name RG3 as his starter at the 1st of the year, before FA, the Draft, or TC, just seemed fake?
                Who knows. I think for a month before (and a little while after) the National Championship, a lot of writers were thinking Rapist Winston and MM would go #1 and 2 in the draft.

Maybe Gruden didn't think they'd have a shot to draft either at #5...just a guess.

Comment

they are

Even if Tennessee and Oakland are for some reason happy with their QB situation, I cannot believe Gruden would pass on a chance to kick Griffin to the curb and start a rebuild.
                  It's not tea leaves. Oakland is definitely happy with Derek Carr (and why shouldn't they be). Tennessee seems enamored with Mettenberger - they almost seem to be forcing it to try to trade the pick and they should because that team sucks.

Dan snyder is married to RGIII - so that's not going to happen.
                  The Jets are in total rebuild and I think there are other QBs who fit their desires
                  The Rams just got eliminated from a QB chase
                  The Browns could take a swing at mariota, but they already have a mobile QB via high draft pick that they may not give up on yet

At this point, a small move to get mariota is possible.

The Texans signed Brian Hoyer - they may still be interested and Chip would need to leapfrog them.

Mariota dropping and/or being in striking distance of a reasonable sum is very possible.

Comment

Andrew Walter Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      Andrew Walter Reid.
                      I could absolutely see this.

Comment

Gave a stupid contract

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                        Andrew Walter Reid.
                        to Alexander Douglas Smith.

I guess it's possible, but like the Texans, I could see Chip spending a 3rd to jump the Texans and/or Chiefs for Mariota.

Comment

Working...
                        X