Josh Harris poised to take over a futbol team--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Harris poised to take over a futbol team--

London's Crystal Palace. Not but a stone's throw from where I live. 6 minutes by train to Selhurst Park.

Ill be in London all next week, what are some good places to go see and eat at that are more hidden treasures of the city and not so much tourist traps?

Comment

Tanking gets you relegated in soccer.

Comment

There aren't many hidden places here in London. Whenever I have family or friends visiting I always take them around to various places that are famous, but I take them by public transport because it's easier and it's cheaper. Be sure to get yourself an Oyster Card, it's cheaper to travel than paying cash fares--the buses don't even take cash fares anymore. There's Gaucho's restuarant down by where I work at London Bridge next to the Thames--great steaks there for a good price; there is Strada right next to it. Not to far from where I work there is an Argentinian steak house that serves great food. Go to East London if you like pickled eels or if you just want to try them. Of course, fish and chip shops are a dime a dozen here. As far as places to see, there is all the usual places--Parliament, The London Eye, Downing Street the Palaces. If you like markets, there is Brick Lane in the East End, Borough Market which is just down the road from where I work, Covent Garden, and Greenwich Markets. A lot of the people that come over that I know have never been to London so I wind up taking them to all the touristy places. Let me know when you are coming over--Im working Monday and Tuesday 7-7 but off Wed and Fri. Maybe we can get together for a drink if you have an free time.

Comment

Working...
        X