Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If true....

it was too risky to take...

...such a trade would have left him with only Sanchez and only a possibility he could get MM.

He would really be painting himself in a corner with little negotiating leverage.

Currently he has strong Foles substitute, his picks, and still a chance something could change that would allow him to get MM.

The lack of negotiating with Bradford's current contract situation is a point of interest.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

IG itis ...

This response should be under IEs post on getting the Cleveland #19 pick.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
      This response should be under IEs post on getting the Cleveland #19 pick.
      I think if a deal happens it will take place on draft day. It would be worked out in advance but the trigger wouldn't get pulled unless the correct scenario presented itself at that time.

I kind of agree with nerd that Bradford has no major incentive to restructure other than the fear of getting injured again. And Kelly has no reason to restructure Bradford if he is thinking of dealing him.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Wouldn't Bradford on a restructured deal have more value then Bradford on the last year of his deal for 13mil?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          Wouldn't Bradford on a restructured deal have more value then Bradford on the last year of his deal for 13mil?
          I would think any team that would trade for Bradford would want to do their own deal with him.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Agreed ....

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I think if a deal happens it will take place on draft day. It would be worked out in advance but the trigger wouldn't get pulled unless the correct scenario presented itself at that time.

I kind of agree with nerd that Bradford has no major incentive to restructure other than the fear of getting injured again. And Kelly has no reason to restructure Bradford if he is thinking of dealing him.
            ..a draft day trade is very possible, market price could change, plus anything sooner really limits your options.

Another thing with Bradford if things stay the same and he strikes out, we get a pick and alot of cap room to explore options.

Comment

One issue with trading Bradford *after* a new deal

Would be that the Eagles would have to eat signing bonus money agreed upon under terms of any new deal. Right now, with the remaining one year left on the old deal, they wouldn't be on the hook for anything. And trading Bradford would relieve them of $12 million in salary cap issues.

Comment

Working...
              X