Wooooo! Go Big 12!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooooo! Go Big 12!

I picked them in my Final Four too and I'm still happy.
    --
    Your Retarded

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    I picked them in my Final Four too and I'm still happy.
    Overrated?
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

IMO, as a WVU fan I don't think there are any outstanding teams in the Big 12 this year. It has a good number of good/very good teams but nobody jumps out as you as truly elite. Hell, WVU plays tough D but can't shoot a lick and they should've swept Kansas. After playing in the extremely tough Big East for years the Big 12 is a notch or two below it this season.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
        IMO, as a WVU fan I don't think there are any outstanding teams in the Big 12 this year. It has a good number of good/very good teams but nobody jumps out as you as truly elite. Hell, WVU plays tough D but can't shoot a lick and they should've swept Kansas. After playing in the extremely tough Big East for years the Big 12 is a notch or two below it this season.
        Iowa State when on are very good. Niang blew that game. Oh well got to love March Madness !

Comment

Another one down. Hopefully the Terps can keep up the trend but I expect a tough game for them. Maryland offense has been especially poor lately and with the WVU propensity to foul it might not be a very visually appealing spectacle.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

I gotta say I'm impressed how hard this WVU team plays D which they showed again tonight. I'm just hoping they can find a way to keep it close against Kentucky since I don't think they match up well with them at all.

I'm savoring this one tonight...Sweet 16, baby!

Comment

I gotta say I'm impressed how hard this WVU team plays D which they showed again tonight. I'm just hoping they can find a way to keep it close against Kentucky since I don't think they match up well with them at all.

I'm savoring this one tonight...Sweet 16, baby!
              They certainly make the game chaotic with that press. Had Melo not gotten hurt I think the Terps would have pulled it out but once he went down their offense became even more of a mess.

I'm rooting for WVU and Huggins over Kentucky but his daughters are a couple of cunts.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

I don't think it made that much difference

They just couldn't handle that press at all, even with Melo in there.

Hate to say it, but it looked like Turgeon just didn't have them prepared for the press. How many times couldn't they even in bound the ball? Poor showing.

But, I think WVU has a much better chance of beating KY than the Terps did. If they can keep up that same pressure and shoot well they could just make America very happy.
                "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                  They just couldn't handle that press at all, even with Melo in there.

Hate to say it, but it looked like Turgeon just didn't have them prepared for the press. How many times couldn't they even in bound the ball? Poor showing.

But, I think WVU has a much better chance of beating KY than the Terps did. If they can keep up that same pressure and shoot well they could just make America very happy.
                  With the way WVU plays defense, Maryland was going to have turnovers no matter what but once Melo went out for good it made the task of running the offense nearly impossible. As good as Melo is, Turgeon needs to have a decent 2nd option at point guard next year. (Or maybe a 1st option if Trimble leaves although I think we get one more year).

The upperclassmen were disappointing more than anything. Wells with 8 turnovers and Layman with 5. I love Wells and he tries to do too much sometimes but Layman needs to approach next season differently because he has so much skill and doesn't use it.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

You live too close to foreskinville. No way they were going to pull that game out. 23 turnovers? Also, Kentucky smokes UWV. Kentucky will throw over the press. Bad matchup for UWV and their poor half court game.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                      You live too close to foreskinville. No way they were going to pull that game out. 23 turnovers? Also, Kentucky smokes UWV. Kentucky will throw over the press. Bad matchup for UWV and their poor half court game.
                      That's what I'm thinking as well and the reason why I made my earlier comments. I sure wish we had the offensive firepower of the '10 team which won the Big East regular season, the BE tourney and made the Final 4. The way this year's team plays tenacious D is impressive but Kentucky has so many studs to contend with. It's gonna take a monumental effort not to mention a serious amount of luck. I just don't see it happening. We just had to be in the Wildcats bracket....ugh.

Comment

Yep.

Bad draw. Love the defense and love the big guy in the middle. Too bad your team doesn't have one or two big guys to complement.

Comment

You need this guy now........

My favorite Mountaineer.......Kevin Pittsnogle!!

From the name down to the sense of fashion consciousness.

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                            My favorite Mountaineer.......Kevin Pittsnogle!!

From the name down to the sense of fashion consciousness.

Haha we were talking about him this morning at work. He was epic.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

I don't think anyone will ever forget his name or that dreadful pic. It certainly solidifies the image of your stereotypical West Virginian.

He was a helluva college player and I agree that we could use him bigtime Thursday night.

Comment

Working...
                              X