I definitely do not believe Kelly has ruled out trading for Mariota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I definitely do not believe Kelly has ruled out trading for Mariota

I don't think he's dead set on doing it, either. But if the right opportunity presents itself he'll do it in a heartbeat.

The thing in the back of my mind is Bradford's cash and cap hit. That's a lot of money for what could possibly be a one year rental. Not to mention the player and draft picks you gave up. So unless they do a deal with Bradford I am not ruling anything out.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

The only way that makes sense, I guess, is if he actually has a team in mind (either to get a better pick from or who's up in 1 or 2) who want's Bradford and he knew it before he traded for him ... no?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      I don't think he's dead set on doing it, either. But if the right opportunity presents itself he'll do it in a heartbeat.

The thing in the back of my mind is Bradford's cash and cap hit. That's a lot of money for what could possibly be a one year rental. Not to mention the player and draft picks you gave up. So unless they do a deal with Bradford I am not ruling anything out.
      Could you imagine if Bradford has a foles 2013 but over 16 games? (assuming he stays healthy).

He is more than capable natural talent-wise throwing the ball if healthy...but you are talking like 4000+ yards, 40+ tds and about 10 ints.

If the eagles didn't lock him up...he would probably break the bank next off-season...which is maybe what he wants.
      Last edited by nerd; 03-20-2015, 12:10 PM.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        The only way that makes sense, I guess, is if he actually has a team in mind (either to get a better pick from or who's up in 1 or 2) who want's Bradford and he knew it before he traded for him ... no?
        Right. But if you believe Jeff Fisher and Kelly himself that is the case.

On the other hand I'm not sure you can believe anything you hear right now. A lot of obfuscation going on. Which also is part of the reason I am not ruling out Kelly's interest in Mariota.
        --------

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
          Could you imagine if Bradford has a foles 2013 but over 16 games? (assuming he stays healthy).

He is more than capable natural talent-wise throwing the ball if healthy...but you are talking like 4000+ yards, 40+ tds and about 10 ints.

If the eagles didn't lock him up...he would probably break the bank next off-season...which is maybe what he wants.
          The Eagles could end up pretty screwed if things played out that way.
          --------

Comment

Bradford has all the money he will ever need. There is no reason for him not to roll the dice. If he hits the jackpot great, if not he's still rich.

Comment

maybe

The Eagles could end up pretty screwed if things played out that way.
              It also sort of proves that Kelly's system does a lot for everyone. The option to franchise is also there, which isn't outlandish if he produced like the above.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                It also sort of proves that Kelly's system does a lot for everyone. The option to franchise is also there, which isn't outlandish if he produced like the above.
                Problem is the franchise tag is upwards of $16 million for a QB. So you are kind of screwing yourself again cap wise if you have to do that.
                --------

Comment

I think that's exactly it. He and every coach and every GM are considering every potential draft day scenario that might improve their respective team. He'd be crazy not to keep the door open on a QB he thinks is going to be great in the NFL. Like everyone else, he has to weigh the pros and cons of any potential trade, but I think it's just common sense he's keeping this -- and many other -- options on the table.

Comment

There's a couple of rumors out there--one is that Kelly wanted the Browns' 1st rounder at 12, not 19 that they offered. So the first rumor is that if Mariota falls to 12, Kelly will deal Bradford and this years No.1 and another lower round pick to go up and get him.

The 2nd is a little more--"this is how they can get him" type rumor--the Eagles trade Bradford, No.20, a 1st rounder next year, plus Kendricks and Boykin to the Titans for the No.2 pick.

Comment

Well that would instantly upgrade the Titans and leave us with holes at CB/LB again..

Comment

It is a one year try out if he is what Kelly thinks he will be and has a great season they will extend it mid season or do a new deal. Doubt Bradford would want to leave if he finds a place where he can flourish. If it works - we get him for a decent deal and have a franchise qb.

Better THAN MUCUS MARIOTA ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE

Comment

I think they could still restructure

Problem is the franchise tag is upwards of $16 million for a QB. So you are kind of screwing yourself again cap wise if you have to do that.
                          That last year and add years if they end up not drafting a QB of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                            Could you imagine if Bradford has a foles 2013 ....he would probably break the bank next off-season..
                            That could be why Chip loaded up on RBs and let Maclin walk. It will keep Bradford's #s from blowing up.

I think that is part of the reason he let D Jax go. Foles' #s could have blown up last year with both Maclin and D Jax. He would not have been able to get rid of Foles for his boy MM.

Their new type of running game will hopefully leave shorter distances on 3rd down. Hopefully they'll have more of a threat to run on 3rd down and fewer pass attempts for Bradford. That keeps his #s down and reduces the chances of him ending up on the stretcher. Last year that approach worked fairly well for Dallas and their QB with a glass spine.

If he gets MM, the running game also takes some pressure off of the Rookie. They will be featuring the RBs and can say they don't have vertical weapons in the passing game.

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                            It is a one year try out if he is what Kelly thinks he will be and has a great season they will extend it mid season or do a new deal. Doubt Bradford would want to leave if he finds a place where he can flourish. If it works - we get him for a decent deal and have a franchise qb
                            It gives them options. If Tenn wants Bradford, etc, Chip could end up with his boy MM. If that does not work out, their O coordinator had success with Bradford in the past.

Maybe Bradford becomes healthier with Chip's nutrition and conditioning system.
                            Last edited by Joegrane; 03-20-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

"It gives them options. If Tenn wants Bradford, etc, Chip could end up with his boy MM. If that does not work out, their O coordinator had success with Bradford in the past.

Maybe Bradford becomes healthier with Chip's nutrition and conditioning system."

Ok I agree this could be the plan. Could be but will not happen. You do not compete for a Super Bowl with a rookie qb. I believe that is what Chip is thinking he can do.

Also you dont trade a chip like McCoy for a middle lb to fill a gap just to trade away your other promising hung stud you have in the middle if you are thinking you can compete for a Super Bowl

I can see Chip drafting Hundley in maybe the third round. He will drop or if Mariota should free fall which is possible. A lot of Gms have not been that impressed with his pro workout. Then he might move up a bit and grab him. BUT NOT TO START IN THIS OFFENSE.

Comment

Working...
                              X