Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm still trying to figure out how a local team losing can make so many so happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still trying to figure out how a local team losing can make so many so happy

Actually on second thought it's not that hard to figure out.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I really have no dog in this fight, but I am highly entertained.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hahaha great job with the sticky!

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Neither do I, but as soon as I saw Nova was about to go down my first thought was... hmm I should check out Igglephans.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

haha

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
          Neither do I, but as soon as I saw Nova was about to go down my first thought was... hmm I should check out Igglephans.
          total agreement with both

Comment

If you dont get it, you dont get the Big 5

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
            or for that matter...heated local rivalries in general. You think the hardcore North Carolina fans ever want Duke to win? I guess the Terps really dont have that kind of thing or you'd have a better idea.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              or for that matter...heated local rivalries in general. You think the hardcore North Carolina fans ever want Duke to win? I guess the Terps really dont have that kind of thing or you'd have a better idea.
              Thing is the Villlanova thing goes beyond a heated local rivalry.
              --------

Comment

Along those lines, it was surprising for me to hear Tony Bruno a few days before the tournament started (who I believe said he graduated from Temple) chastising Philadelphia listeners who were not rooting for Villanova.

He seemed to be saying that personal issues should be put aside and it should be a collective Philadelphia rooting interest.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

St. Blows fans hate Nova as much or more than Temple fans

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  Thing is the Villlanova thing goes beyond a heated local rivalry.
                  In fact, most of the big 5 fan bases and Drexel hate Nova. There is added juice because of the Nova fans arrogance (TDuPont Bag is actually pretty typical) and still resentment over Nova's longtime disdain for playing the local teams. In fairness, Jay Wright has committed to the Big 5, but the sins of Lappas and Rollie are still not forgiven by many.
                  Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Default I'm still trying to figure out how a local team losing can make so many so happy

Some people are just haters

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      In fact, most of the big 5 fan bases and Drexel hate Nova. There is added juice because of the Nova fans arrogance (TDuPont Bag is actually pretty typical) and still resentment over Nova's longtime disdain for playing the local teams. In fairness, Jay Wright has committed to the Big 5, but the sins of Lappas and Rollie are still not forgiven by many.
                      Face it, we would be rooting for Drexel in the tourney. We certainly would not be rejoicing with a loss.
                      --------

Comment

The guy doing the police sketches thought I was messing with him because my dad came out looking like Father Time and my mom came out looking too butch and looking way too much like Richard Ramirez. You know the Night Stalker, remember him?
                        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

You're gonna stand there, ownin' a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser?

Comment

Rollie fucked with the Big 5 but he still brought a Big 5 team a national championship. Keep in mind, these are 20 year old wounds. Sure Villanova alum and bandwagon fans do themselves no favors by acting like their shit dont stink, but if Nova wins its good for Philadelphia. Im all for things that are good for Philly
                            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

We're Eagles fans. If we don't get joy from others losing, we have no joy at all.
                              Last edited by CCPete; 03-22-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X