Amazing Trip to NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, ya see

New York ... that mayor ... he's a communist and lets all your undesirable element run wild. I'm out there every day, in the smelting pot of the city.

Capital punishment that's what we need ... it's a proven detergent to crime.

Now Pittsburg ... that place? As they say, something's rotten in the State of Denver. Know what I mean?

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
      There is one city that is worse than New York, where the people are ruder and FAR more obnoxious to strangers -- people visiting from other areas who have never been there and might have to ask a question.

Pittsburgh. I'd go back to New York to see a Broadway show or some of the other tourist destinations, but Pittsburgh?

Only because our oldest granddaughter will be attending Pitt starting in the fall.

Heaven help me, however, if I have to ask directions.
      Did you ever think it may just be you? I spent about 3 years traveling to Pittsburgh every weekend and I was always amazed how friendly the people were. I haven't been to NYC as often but again very friendly people.

Comment

I used to bitch about D.C.'s subway system since something frequently breaks, but compared to other cities, D.C.'s runs like a dream. Relatively clean too.

KG, I don't know what to say. I have family in NYC and have visited a few times, I have no complaints. The height of the buildings is a little disorienting since D.C. has a height restriction, but other than that, it's great. I love how many hole in the wall eateries there are, Broadway, the old Irish bars. It's an incredible place as long as you don't mind feeling like you're in a cattle car occasionally.

Comment

yo IE

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          Glad you are having a great time! Enjoy this fantastic city! As for me I had a fantastic dinner at the Arepa Lady's restaurant in Queens last night! Simply delicious and inexpensive. She started out with a food cart but recently opened a restaurant. I love that neighborhood.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/arepa-lady-jackson-heights
          You ever go to any of those Cuban Chinese restaurants out there in Queens? They make a mean ropa vieja!
          Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

bwahahahahahahahaha

Just try and picture Smokey Green chugging up the stairs in a burning building.

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Luckily I Never Had To Do It

However, standing in the doorway of a fully involved house fire when the only thing between me and flames was a curtain of water from a nozzle on full spray, that I did.
              "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Pittsburg, Kansas? Pittsburg, California?

Maybe you mean Pittsburg Landing in Tennessee, where a little disagreement otherwise known as The Battle of Shiloh took place?

I've never been to any of those places, however that one time I was in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Pittsburgh people rude?

More than rotten crapplers? Ridiculous
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Cover of the NY post today, wow

Comment

I Won't Bore You With Details

Send me an e-mail if you really want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                        You ever go to any of those Cuban Chinese restaurants out there in Queens? They make a mean ropa vieja!
                        Haven't been to Cuban Chinese, but I've been to Colombian Chinese places in Queens many times in the past. Many years ago I carpooled to work with a guy from Columbia who lived in that area.

I took him to a gayte year before last so some of you people (def. slag) have met him. We would hit those places from time to time.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                          Cover of the NY post today, wow

You people who treat the city as a theme park are disgusting.

At least Kelly Green is up front with his hatred of the city and its inhabitants.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

No one cares about your idiotic basis for generalizing and stereotyping

Comment

Misspelling and malaprops go hand in hand

Comment

thanks!

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                                PM me your address. I got sumthin' for ya.
                                will do
                                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                                May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X