Kid's sports are outrageous these days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a close friend who pushed his kid into Little league BB

The Father pushed the kid to play Little league growing up and the kid hated it...Parents are out of Fuggin control....He got to HS and joined the Lacross team and the kid is a beast,,,He loves to Run and gun......Nothing is worse than Little league Baseball in this country.....think more kids are screwwed up by that in their early years than we know.....The Parents are insane..
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

It may not be Summit

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      That's insane. It used to be you'd do a PG year at Peddie or Lawrencville if you were really good but needed to wait a year.

The head coach at Westfield (I think he is still there) was a client of mine. Really good guy. Glad the program is doing well. It's still not Summit, but...
      But they are the defending State Champions. The program continues to get stronger, as the current batch of freshman and those coming up behind them are extremely serious about the sport.

Thankfully, I have all girls, so I just watch it from the sidelines. That said, my own daughter is a competitive tennis player and may play #1 or #2 as a freshman next year - if she doesn't DMac the tryouts. So I guess, I'm as guilty as the rest of them.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with enjoying your kid's success, or even helping them achieve it. Provided it's what they want. That's where it gets ugly - parents pushing sports on a kid and holding the scholarship thing over their head.

Comment

Delbarton beat Summit in the final last year. Westfield may have won its group which is still pretty awesome. Glad the program is doing well.

That's awesome about your daughter - congrats. Wish I was still in the area. I'd come heckle her opponents.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            Delbarton beat Summit in the final last year. Westfield may have won its group which is still pretty awesome. Glad the program is doing well.

That's awesome about your daughter - congrats. Wish I was still in the area. I'd come heckle her opponents.
            You're right - I guess they won their group. Didn't realize it wasn't the TOC that they won. Program is on the rise, however.

You need to come back to the homeland for a visit one of these days.

Comment

If you could jump higher than

a gerbil's ass, your 'rents would have done the same thing.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

No doubt. I'll let you know next time we're back.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Cool. Nice write up on your cousin as well!

Comment

Agree 100%

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                    Lot of it is parent's egos and reliving their youth. It's fun to go to the tack events... I can see how parents get sucked in.
                    And for only about 2% of them actually get scholarships. Just a ton of pressure on these kids.

http://www.thecollegesolution.com/th...scholarship-2/

Thanks, I hope to see him in the bigs be even better if he pitches for the Phils!!

Comment

Why should this surprise you???

...when this culture continually displays how it values entertainment (sports, etc) over most anything else.

Education, environment, medical,infrastructure,etc etc would all love the $$ and attention things like professional sports receive. Upside down values.
                      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                      X