Clear All

• Helmet Hair's 3 round projection for dream team

This clearly hits the trifecta:

Bust
    Chump
    Jag off

Top needs: S, G, CB, WR

Round 1 (20) S Landon Collins, Alabama
    Round 2 (52) WR Tyler Lockett, Kansas St.
    Round 3 (84) G Ty Sambrailo, Colorado St.

Analysis: You're going to get mixed reviews on Collins, but there won't be much debate about whether he's the top safety in the draft. The concern will be that he's not as good when he's in coverage away from the line of scrimmage, but if you're looking for a safety who can essentially act as an extra linebacker when you need one, Collins is a great get at this point on the board. He'll be able to line up on tight ends and in the slot, tackles extremely well for the position and is ready to help a defense right now. You just can't expect him to chase burners around 30 yards downfield, and he has only so-so hands for the position. Still, I'm taking him thinking my defense just got better. Lockett is one of the more underrated WRs in the draft. While he's not a big target, he's an outstanding route runner who always gets open and is fearless when it comes to blocking. I think my head coach will like him. Sambrailo is an athletic offensive lineman who has a chance to be useful in this offense for that reason. I'm not certain he'll become a good starter, but he's worth a bet at No. 84.

Collins really doesn't fit what Chip/Davis is looking for in a safety. I don't know why people keep mocking him to philly. He'll probably turn into the next kam chancellor for some team that drafts after the eagles. I'm willing to bet the eagles take Jake Fisher.

Comment

Working...
    X