Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey Ellsworth

Need your first-round 'haymaker to the spouse' pick for the draft

I have given this much thought. I've consumed dozens of high ABV beers while pondering this very question.

Without further ado, the 2015 Danny Watkins Award goes to:

Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon.

Honorable mention:

My boy from the U Phillip Dorsett shouldn't be taken before the 3rd round IMO. saw
    Every game and he is not a 1WR. Like him, don't love him.

Also, I don't want Landon Collins at 20. Don't think he can cover anyone at next level. It's a passing game now and he's a in the box run blaster.

Hope we (not they) trade down for more picks to be honest.

Edit: DL isn't a need at all so doubt Armstead is even a consideration. I don't want to take a safety in first bc it'll feel like a reach. I also do t want Fisher the OL from Oregon in first.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-23-2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Do you like the receiver from Kansas State?

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      I have given this much thought. I've consumed dozens of high ABV beers while pondering this very question.

Without further ado, the 2015 Danny Watkins Award goes to:

Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon.

Honorable mention:

My boy from the U Phillip Dorsett shouldn't be taken before the 3rd round IMO. saw
      Every game and he is not a 1WR. Like him, don't love him.

Also, I don't want Landon Collins at 20. Don't think he can cover anyone at next level. It's a passing game now and he's a in the box run blaster.

Hope we (not they) trade down for more picks to be honest.

Edit: DL isn't a need at all so doubt Armstead is even a consideration. I don't want to take a safety in first bc it'll feel like a reach. I also do t want Fisher the OL from Oregon in first.
      cant think of the filthy coughsufferer's name.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

The 2 guys I like in the first round are...

Amari Cooper and Brandon Sherff. Cooper of course is amazing and looks like a pro. Sherff has a nasty Jon Runyonesque streak to him that I love. He's not happy until you are on the ground and he has dropped his 325 lbs on your ass.

Comment

Lockett. He's really good. Fast. Looks a little like TY Hilton or maybe Santana Moss. There's a couple decent highligh vids online too.

But he's pretty small and I don't think Kelly is going to look at smaller / quicker skill position guys. Huff seems about as small as they'll go.

Edit: but, what the
          Hell does anybody REALLY know?
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-23-2015, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Most of the top prospects they've shown interest in have late-first to mid-second value. Really hope they can trade back because Chip doesn't strike me as a guy that has a good sense of (or care for) value. Hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe he learned from the Jordan Matthews situation last year. But if he's going to pick "his guy" when he wants him it might as well be at a better spot.

If they stay at 20 and pick Fisher, Agholor, or Rowe I'll be disappointed.

It's too bad they haven't shown any interest in Marcus Peters because he's the best corner in the draft. Similar situation at WR with DGB...

Comment

Marcus Peters is the exact opposite of th kind of guy Kelly said he wants to build a team of.

He's more of the kind that he's letting go, not signing.

I'd give a way too early thumbs up with Byron Jones in first and Laken Tomlinson in the 2nd.

Comment

Ok, the Oregon connection makes this more probable. Will know to watch out for him.

Comment

I'm fine with fisher at 20. Fills a need.

Comment

Every single "mock" I've seen the past week has SF taking him at 15.

Hopefully he won't be around to even have to worry about. He's a former BBALL player at Oregon who switched to football.

Comment

Working...
                    X