• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles one of 3 worst at drafting first rounders since 2000

Some elite company here...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/04/23/201...xid=nl_siextra

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    I'm surprised they picked McDougle as the worst. While he was a bust and didn't produce, a lot of his issues were injury/getting shot in the stomach related.

Watkins I think would be the better (worse?) choice.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      It's also interesting to see some of the top teams given their performance since 2000.

#1 Jets (6 our of 15 playoff seasons) w/ 27 selections

#4 Cowboys (5 playoff seasons) w/ 23 selections

#7 Washington (3 playoff seasons) w/ 21 selections

#8 Panthers (5 playoff seasons), Cardinals (3 playoff seasons) and Texans (2 playoff seasons) w/ 20

#31 Eagles (10 playoff seasons) w/ 5 selections

And that's selections, not players.
      Last edited by TerpEagle; 04-24-2015, 05:16 PM.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
        I'm surprised they picked McDougle as the worst. While he was a bust and didn't produce, a lot of his issues were injury/getting shot in the stomach related.

Watkins I think would be the better (worse?) choice.
        This comment from Reuben Frank's ranking of the Eagles' first round pics kinds sums up McDougle. Net positive yardage for the opposition with his sacks.

Frank had Twatkins at 32nd worst, so he has him close to bustworthy as Twatkins..

Originally posted by Reuben Frank
        33. DE Jerome McDougle (15th pick in 2003)
        Which brings us to McDougle, who had an incredible desire to play but couldn’t. McDougle was always injured, and his career was also set back when he was shot during a carjacking in his native Miami. He battled back from that to return to the NFL, which was remarkable. But the bottom line is that McDougle was a top-15 defensive end who had three career sacks. And on one of them, he was penalized 30 yards for a facemask and then for kicking the flag after the penalty was called. That’s a net total of minus-14 sack yards for his four-year career. But McDougle still doesn’t make the bottom five.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Mcdougle was worth it for the hit on Eli alone.

Comment

Another shining example of why FF

....stayed 3 seasons too long and how his stubbornness was often his biggest enemy.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
            X