The Eagles shouldn't have to pay any more---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles shouldn't have to pay any more---

To move up 18 spots than when Atlanta moved up 19 spots irregardless of who they pick or who the Falcons picked. The Falcons traded a 1st and 2nd and a 1st and 4th I believe to jump from 27 to 8. And if the can trade Bradford, Ken drinks and Boykin to get it done then they should.

What if there's a bidding war with the Chargers or whoever else?

Comment

Something to think about when comparing other first round moves

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
      To move up 18 spots than when Atlanta moved up 19 spots irregardless of who they pick or who the Falcons picked. The Falcons traded a 1st and 2nd and a 1st and 4th I believe to jump from 27 to 8. And if the can trade Bradford, Ken drinks and Boykin to get it done then they should.
      I recall reading something about the RGforeskin trade being arranged via closed bids, i.e.-interested teams simply submitted their best offer to the Rams and they picked the best one when the time came. There was no negotiation, so it's my thinking that that particular trade needs to be removed from the discussion.

That being said: I fully expect Kelly and Marynowitz to have explored every creative option to get to Mariota if that's who they want. Three team trades, trade after the initial pick qt #1 or #2, whatever. When I look at the Foles-Bradford trade, it showed me that Kelly wasn't particularly wedded to everyone else's perceptions of how he should execute a trade. The McCoy narrative that has emerged only fortified my thoughts. Should be fun tonight.

Comment

disagree. It matters where they're starting (20) and where they want to end up (2). If all that mattered was how many spots then 32 to 14 would cost the same as 19 to 1. And you can't discount the premium they'd have to pay for a qb.

Comment

Chargers are out, Rivers staying put, per Schefty

Comment

Working...
          X