Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip got played like a Chump

Chump Kelly

Pretty sure his whole plan was predicated on trading Bradford. But it's not that easy to trade guys on the last year of their contract.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Pretty sure his whole plan was predicated on trading Bradford.
    If so, how smug is Howie feeling right now?

The passive-aggressive commentary from that guy must be on overdrive right now.

Comment

Chump Kelly

Pretty sure his whole plan was predicated on trading Bradford. But it's not that easy to trade guys on the last year of their contract.
      Dude....step off the freakin' ledge.
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Haha!

I'm actually pretty happy. I was completely torn between picking Jake Fisher and Agholor in Diggle's contest. Kelly could be the cure for our drafting woes.

Comment

Well we won't know that until the season starts and maybe not until 2-3 years down the road until we see how Mariota fares. As I just said in a comment on PFT.com, none of us knows what was or wasn't offered. What is undeniable is that the media has been hyping a Kelly-Mariota reunion. Kelly himself said he wouldn't mortgage the future of the franchise and he didn't. He even came out and said they turned down offers to move down and pick up extra picks so they could draft this guy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              Haha!

I'm actually pretty happy. I was completely torn between picking Jake Fisher and Agholor in Diggle's contest. Kelly could be the cure for our drafting woes.
              Same. We've got some ridiculous levels of moaning taking place on here right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                I'm giggling and clapping like a little schoolgirl over here!
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                  Well we won't know that until the season starts and maybe not until 2-3 years down the road until we see how Mariota fares. As I just said in a comment on PFT.com, none of us knows what was or wasn't offered. What is undeniable is that the media has been hyping a Kelly-Mariota reunion. Kelly himself said he wouldn't mortgage the future of the franchise and he didn't. He even came out and said they turned down offers to move down and pick up extra picks so they could draft this guy.
                  Kelly also said Mariota would win a couple Super Bowls. I'd take that future. Which is it, Chip?
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Bwahahahaha!

Hilarious!

Comment

Chump Kelly

It's possible, but I doubt it. I don't think he'd be so dumb as to count on being able to flip him.

Pat Shurmur's history with Bradford makes me think he was more than just a piece. Or, if they did think there was a chance they'd be able to package him and move up, they were comfortable with having him in-house if they couldn't pull it off.

Kelly acknowledged early on that it would require a HUGE deal to move up and get Mariota. The RGKnee deal was unbelievably expensive and the Eagles would have to give up even more.

In an ideal world, Kelly would've flipped Bradford in a heartbeat. No doubt.

But without a high pick this year to dangle, a trade for Mariota would've put them into total rebuilding mode. Mariota could be ROY in Kelly's system, but he'd have the usual rookie growing pains, a WR corps that lost its best player, an OL needing depth, and a defense that lost its best players. There would almost certainly be a step back from 10-6.

Kelly is going into year 3 of a 5-year deal. If he tore it down for Mariota, he'd go into the fourth year of his contract (extension time) without a first-round pick, a lot of holes to fill and an impatient fan base. Unless Mariota came in and absolutely killed it, he'd be in a tough position.

Comment

Working...
                      X