Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To have had any chance for Mariota, Kelly needed to trade Bradford BEFORE the draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To have had any chance for Mariota, Kelly needed to trade Bradford BEFORE the draft

No team is going to trade a draft pick for a guy with an injury history like Bradford while the draft is going on. Any team is going to want their docs to check him out before they do a deal.

I think Kelly's plan went south when Bradford indicated he wouldn't sign a extension with the Browns, which nixed any potential trade there.

Not being able to trade Kendricks or Boykin before the draft probably didn't help either. Even though they don't have Bradford's injury history, for the reason above I doubt they get traded now unless it is for picks NEXT year.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Excellent point. If Cleveland really did offer a 1st rounder, I'm sure it was #19. In that instance, they would have had more ammo for Tennessee.

Comment

How do you take that chance, though? There's still no guarantee you get Mariota and you have no quarterback. I think it was smart for him to not do that. I guess it goes back to my thinking that he was OK with Bradford all along if he couldn't get Mariota.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

To have any chance at MM, Kelly needed the QB that the Rams wanted and got. The QB with the best single season PR in league history. The Titans would bern more inyterested in doing a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          No team is going to trade a draft pick for a guy with an injury history like Bradford while the draft is going on. Any team is going to want their docs to check him out before they do a deal.

I think Kelly's plan went south when Bradford indicated he wouldn't sign a extension with the Browns, which nixed any potential trade there.

Not being able to trade Kendricks or Boykin before the draft probably didn't help either. Even though they don't have Bradford's injury history, for the reason above I doubt they get traded now unless it is for picks NEXT year.
          boykin could be used as juice to move up.
          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Tennessee wanted 3 firsts and a 2
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Why don't you roll me inside. We can get the nurse to get the catheter out of me.

We don't need nurses for that.

But don't you have to...
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
              X