Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm still on board the Chump Ship but we have to win a playoff game this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still on board the Chump Ship but we have to win a playoff game this year.

Don't win a playoff game, and I am "Man Overboard".

In his defense Kelly had had a much different base to start from than Reid (FF)

I think back to when FF took over the Eagles. He inherited a team with some exceptional potential pro bowl talent and the #2 draft pick! Hell it should have been the #1 draft pick except that the Brownstains got to pick first in every round as an expansion team that year.

Kelly did not inherit such a framework to work with, IMO.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

That's why I think...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I think back to when FF took over the Eagles. He inherited a team with some exceptional potential pro bowl talent and the #2 draft pick! Hell it should have been the #1 draft pick except that the Brownstains got to pick first in every round as an expansion team that year.

This is really year 1 for him. With Howie out he is finally building HIS team, good or bad, I want to see what he can do. This year is iffy though, he jettisoned a lot and though I think the mindset of the new players makes the future look good, whether it translates on the field in year one is up in the air.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

when you really look at this offseason

that everyone is so freaked about,,,2 major Things,,Foles for Bradford= Unknown

Murray for McCoy= known..Lesean is a better back.

Nelson for Maclin.......thats it,,

we all Knew Cole was gone as well as Herremans,,Plus we upgraded the Db's....its the Unknown at the Qb position that makes this season almost Impossible to CALL.......I'm going on the record saying I like Sam Bradford,,I think he can be a Franchise Qb for us,,,its year 1 in a new system,,,,I'm giving him a chance........if he blows out his Knee open a jar of Peanut Butter,,,,Ohh well!
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Ray Rhodes tanked before tanking in style.

Who was on that 1998 Eagles team Reid (FF) inherited?

In no particular order, here are some great players I can think of...

Tra Thomas
        Brian Dawkins
        Troy Vincent
        Jeremiah Trotter
        Hugh Douglas
        Hollis Thomas
        Jermaine Mayberry
        Bobby Taylor
        Duce Staley
        Allen Rossum ... ok he wasn't great until after he left the Eagles but I do believe he made a pro bowl in his career.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

By far the defensive Talent was Abundant in 99

and Tra Thomas was an awesome pick..with the Addition of Runyon the team turned a corner...

Kelly on the other hand had

Jason Peters
          Jason Kelce
          Desean jackson
          J Maclin
          Lesean McCoy
          Brent Celek
          and several other Offensive Players..

But the Cupboard was bare on the defensive side of the ball besides a couple guys.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

This is just a Chump Slump

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Don't win a playoff game, and I am "Man Overboard".

I'll give him a mulligan this year, but the questions he has about whether to sign Bradford after this year are the same he would've faced with Folds.
            DB

Comment

The chip-licking is just embarrassing. This guy is going into his third year. He dismantled one of the best offenses in the league. All he needed to do is focus on the DB and patch up the OL. You don't bring in Murray/Bradford because you have a 3 year plan. He needs to go deep into the playoffs and prove that he has assembled a legit contender. If he doesn't improve this year with the team HE CHOSE...... Send him back to where he belongs anyway.

Comment

"I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                X