A possible silver lining to the way this draft went

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A possible silver lining to the way this draft went

Chip et all probably worked harder at finding quality late round picks and UDFA's in the event that the Marcus Mariota thing came to fruition. To me, that spells an overall better draft.

Just a word on the whole Mariota thing: I think Chip was banking on Mariota not being a good fit for Tenn and Tenn was banking on Chip giving away everything to get his guy. I don't think Chip ever had any intention of trading our players, only picks. All of this other sh*t is all hype that spun out of control. If you didn't have the Chip/Mariota component to this draft, it would have been the most boring draft ever.

They were never going to trade the pick. Peter King reported that they were telling teams that it would take a ridiculous offer for them to trade out of the spot. When you have a chance to draft the blue-chip quarterback, you take it. They would be idiots not to.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Yes! Chip Kelly understands that UDFAs are the key to success in the NFL! That's why he was willing to trade his entire draft for Marcus Mariota. It's not Chip's fault that Tennessee was not willing to deal.

16 UDFAs on the Eagles! This has been a most productive offseason.

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

YES! THE SILENCE HAS BEEN BROKEN!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dungeon Majesty View Post
          Yes! Chip Kelly understands that UDFAs are the key to success in the NFL! That's why he was willing to trade his entire draft for Marcus Mariota. It's not Chip's fault that Tennessee was not willing to deal.

16 UDFAs on the Eagles! This has been a most productive offseason.
          Spot on, DM. As always.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            They were never going to trade the pick. Peter King reported that they were telling teams that it would take a ridiculous offer for them to trade out of the spot. When you have a chance to draft the blue-chip quarterback, you take it. They would be idiots not to.
            Normally that is true, but in this case the player also wants to play for his former coach. In 4 yrs or so he'll likely get an opportunity to do so.

In that very rare case is it better to take the picks + players?

Comment

Working...
            X