Those NFL salute to the troops have always rubbed me the wrong way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those NFL salute to the troops have always rubbed me the wrong way

But now, they really get under my skin. What a crock of horseshit!

The government actually PAYS teams to put on this shit at halftime!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...mes/ar-BBjrIxA
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

it looks like a few teams have been getting hosed by the DoD:

The Department of Defense offers a breakdown (below) of payments since 2011. Teams that received taxpayer funds include the Baltimore Ravens ($799,000), Cincinnati Bengals ($138,960) Cleveland Browns ($22,500), the Green Bay Packers ($600,000), Pittsburgh Steelers, ($36,000) Minnesota Vikings ($605,000), Atlanta Falcons ($1,049,500) Indianapolis Colts ($620,000), Buffalo Bills ($679,000), Dallas Cowboys ($62,500), Miami Dolphins ($20,000), Kansas City Chiefs ($250,000), St. Louis Rams ($60,000), and the afore-mentioned Jets.

Comment

It just burns me that the NFL is "protecting the integrity of the game"

by spending all this time and money on what happened to the 1# of air in the Pats balls; but somehow totally ignoring this. It would be fitting if this were to blow up into a real scandal.

Integrity? What the fuck does the NFL know of integrity? They shove their salute to the troops down our throats until we're ready to gag on it, while all the time getting paid to do it.

I believe this $5 mil would do a lot better work if it were in the hands of The Wounded Warrior Project or the underfunded VA.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

I believe this $5 mil would do a lot better work if it were in the hands of The Wounded Warrior Project or the underfunded VA.
        it's DoD money, not NFL money, but I agree. Certainly, it's every bit as deceiving as the article lets on. I wonder how much Susan B Komen pays to get pink gloves and shit in October?

Comment

Disgusting.

I hope the Eagles never took a penny.

Comment

by spending all this time and money on what happened to the 1# of air in the Pats balls; but somehow totally ignoring this. It would be fitting if this were to blow up into a real scandal.

Integrity? What the fuck does the NFL know of integrity? They shove their salute to the troops down our throats until we're ready to gag on it, while all the time getting paid to do it.

Hey J,

I totally agree with you about the lack of integrity of the NFL, and that all of the military crap associated with it is bogus.

But I have to part ways with you when it comes to the Patriots and their cheating. I understand you have personal reasons to give them the benefit of the doubt but for me, I do not give them the benefit of the doubt.

I hope you are recovering well from your back surgery. I know it has to be very difficult, but I look forward to seeing you at a gayte this upcoming season!
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Thanx for the good words IE

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              Hey J,

I totally agree with you about the lack of integrity of the NFL, and that all of the military crap associated with it is bogus.

But I have to part ways with you when it comes to the Patriots and their cheating. I understand you have personal reasons to give them the benefit of the doubt but for me, I do not give them the benefit of the doubt.

I hope you are recovering well from your back surgery. I know it has to be very difficult, but I look forward to seeing you at a gayte this upcoming season!
              No, we're not parting ways. I only mentioned them because their particular cheating in deflategate is so far down the scale on outrageous conduct when placed next to support the troops crap. Yet the Pats are reported at every level in the media while I had to stumble upon this outrage.

Comment

The Saintly Frau OB be damned

No, we're not parting ways. I only mentioned them because their particular cheating in deflategate is so far down the scale on outrageous conduct when placed next to support the troops crap. Yet the Pats are reported at every level in the media while I had to stumble upon this outrage.
                Tom Brady is a lying sack of shit. Any BAC in America would've fired him for lying during the investigation.
                DB

Comment

What I found more disturbing than the lying.....

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                  Tom Brady is a lying sack of shit. Any BAC in America would've fired him for lying during the investigation.
                  was his sheer arrogance on display in that little set up with Jim Gray. He really needs to be taken down a peg, but I have no idea as to how that could be done.

For Dimbonium only........did you see Fiorina's interview with Katie Couric? It's a fucking riot. Cute little Katie absolutely cuts ?Carly a new asshole.

Comment

I'll have to watch it

was his sheer arrogance on display in that little set up with Jim Gray. He really needs to be taken down a peg, but I have no idea as to how that could be done.

For Dimbonium only........did you see Fiorina's interview with Katie Couric? It's a fucking riot. Cute little Katie absolutely cuts ?Carly a new asshole.
                    We have our annual shareholder meeting this week and board meetings and my deputy gc is out all week so I'm just a Running Blind Screaming Bulb.
                    DB

Comment

Frau OB says you're full of shit with your BAC metaphor

She has her own BAC experience.

When's the last time a BAC fired their top salesperson? Never.

Not only would The Golden Boy not be fired, but they'd erect a statue of him in the lobby.

Comment

You I would happily disagree with

She has her own BAC experience.

When's the last time a BAC fired their top salesperson? Never.

Not only would The Golden Boy not be fired, but they'd erect a statue of him in the lobby.
                        But not Frau OB. Other than to say this: The more senior someone is, the more imperative it is for them to adhere to the BAC's Code of Ethics. Because if you have an executive officer who lies in an investigation, that is a Code of Ethics violation. And if you don't take any action (up to and including termination), you are waiving the COE for that executive which means you have to file an 8-K with the SEC. Nobody wants to do that, so discipline is more important the more senior someone is.

That's way more than you wanted to hear. And btw I agree with you on Tom's freaking smugness.

How you doing, man?
                        DB

Comment

I'm getting by, but it's not easy yet.

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                          But not Frau OB. Other than to say this: The more senior someone is, the more imperative it is for them to adhere to the BAC's Code of Ethics. Because if you have an executive officer who lies in an investigation, that is a Code of Ethics violation. And if you don't take any action (up to and including termination), you are waiving the COE for that executive which means you have to file an 8-K with the SEC. Nobody wants to do that, so discipline is more important the more senior someone is.

That's way more than you wanted to hear. And btw I agree with you on Tom's freaking smugness.

How you doing, man?
                          A little progress each day, but it's really slow. At least it's enough to make me believe all this will finally end eventually.

VicodinES down to about 25. I'll get a new scrip next week. I'm feeling like a regular Brett Favre.

Comment

You and Brett have something else in common

A little progress each day, but it's really slow. At least it's enough to make me believe all this will finally end eventually.

VicodinES down to about 25. I'll get a new scrip next week. I'm feeling like a regular Brett Favre.
                            He probably has a pair of shit brown coveralls too. We're cheering for your recovery out here in the mountains.
                            DB

Comment

Working...
                            X