Clear All

• You don't really appreciate hot water

Until you don't have it for a week.
    DB

A week? Did you visit Ells?

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
      Or even a day for that matter. My super told me we might not have hot water last week and I immediately started making alternative plans.

Cold showers suck.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

No water or electric is rough.

Back in 2001, we had water but no electric for three days after a tropical storm hit (two days after 9/11), and of course all the hotels were booked for utilities workers, etc. People bought a lot of generators after that, but I'm not sure they are worth it. Maybe some people can comment on the value of a generator. I know a few people that have them up north.

Comment

Yeah why, electric heater?

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
          During Sandy we went more than 7 days without electricity which really sucked. But at least we had hot water
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I didn't have HD for like 24hrs, killed me. First World problems.
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I think Ms. Bulb

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
              I didn't have HD for like 24hrs, killed me. First World problems.
              is trying to send a message to me. And I know when these turkeys show up on Monday they'll say, "Gee, Dimmy. We're gonna have to order the part from Switzerland. It'll be another forty days and forty smelly nights."
              DB

Comment

We put in a natural gas generator a few years ago

That will power most of the house. We will never lose power again

Comment

I was without hot water for a week recently. I was able to go to my girlfriend's place to take a hot shower. The problem with that is that when you have to go to your girlfriend's place to take a shower, it means you have to go to your girlfriend's place to take a shower.

Comment

Good idea

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                    I was without hot water for a week recently. I was able to go to my girlfriend's place to take a hot shower. The problem with that is that when you have to go to your girlfriend's place to take a shower, it means you have to go to your girlfriend's place to take a shower.
                    I'm going to tell Ms. Bulb that her campaign of getting me to take showers has caused me to go to my girlfriend's house for a shower. If she doesn't cut my testicles off, I figure it's a win.
                    DB

Comment

Bwaaa

try it!

Comment

I never had natural gas, but that's obviously the golden ticket!

Comment

In my "hippie days" in the mid 70's, I went 2 years in my 8x35 trailer with no water.
                          Had 110v power though. Washing your hair when it was cold out sometimes actually hurt.

Comment

Working...
                          X