Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't go to the movies much last year

But my local library has free DVDs.

Haven't seen Sniper yet or Birdman ... but they'd be hard pressed to beat Whiplash.
    Last edited by slag; 05-30-2015, 09:12 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

The interesting thing with Sniper was the effect on the audience. The whole film would be fine at home...but I have to admit that it was better in the theater.

Comment

Yeah ... I wanted to see it in the theatre not so much for the audience reaction but for the visuals.

All movies are better on a big screen but some are more "big screen" than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        The interesting thing with Sniper was the effect on the audience. The whole film would be fine at home...but I have to admit that it was better in the theater.
        I made the cardinal mistake of reading the book first and thought the movie was meh... Too many missing details and "Holllywidization" of the book. Book was great though.
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I loved whiplash.

Comment

Never saw whiplash or birdman

nm
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Yeah I loved Whiplash. Birdman and Imitation Game were great. Sniper was meh.

Comment

Haven't seen Sniper yet. I feel like I'm the only person where I live that hasn't seen it, everyone was talking about it for a long time. Imitation Game was great, really liked Whiplash. The ending was awesome.
                "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

They took a lot of dramatic license but it was a great ending.

Comment

Just watched Imitation Game last night, good flick.
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

my rankings as well

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                      Yeah I loved Whiplash. Birdman and Imitation Game were great. Sniper was meh.
                      Whiplash was the best movie I saw last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                        Just watched Imitation Game last night, good flick.

Comment

Killer Joe, Not True Detective

But Matthew McConaughey is in it. He plays a corrupt cop who kills people on the side. Not great but I liked it.

Killer Joe Trailer.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxpvzmvFHTM

Comment

old news

Comment

Working...
                            X