• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 4

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...?ex_cid=espnFB

Gone mainstream.

Looks pretty stellar too.

Last edited by JuTMSY4; 06-03-2015, 02:18 PM.

Can't wait for this one.

Comment

I'm hoping for November

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
      Can't wait for this one.
      Wouldn't be shocked to see November 2016 though. Although they usually don't release the big info until the release date is pretty close.

Comment

They'll premiere it at E3 in a couple weeks, hopefully they'll announce it then. Not holding my breath for this November, but that would be awesome.

Comment

So as a DC resident... worth it to pick up Fallout 3 and play through it?
          To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by hoo bleeds green View Post
            The DC aspect is kinda neat but that's not the driver of the game - at least for me. Actually, the New Vegas setting was probably better.

In general it's a great game/franchise and I'd get it for that reason more than the setting.

You will be familiar with locations though with regard to DC.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by hoo bleeds green View Post
              New Vegas is the better Fallout 3, IMHO. Makes me concerned about Fallout 4, although if they do another spinoff, it may be interesting.

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
              You will be familiar with locations though with regard to DC.

Unfortunately, much of that is lost by way of the underground tunnels. The major landmarks are there, but it's very "oh look there's X landmark!" in style. I suspect Fallout 4 might suffer from the same results.
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 06-03-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Can't wait for this one.
                Definitely. I don't care if I'm a copycat.

--
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  New Vegas is the better Fallout 3, IMHO. Makes me concerned about Fallout 4, although if they do another spinoff, it may be interesting.
                  The Boston setting doesn't sway me one way or another. It does look a bit more colorful. I get the point of the drab DC wasteland but more color is a good thing imo.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Speaking of games - the Witcher 3 came with my new PC and video card. Holy shit is it a great game.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                      Speaking of games - the Witcher 3 came with my new PC and video card. Holy shit is it a great game.
                      Agreed. I just started playing it, but it looks like it's going to be a great game.

Comment

Agreed. I just started playing it, but it looks like it's going to be a great game.
                        As I typically do with this type of game, I'm investing time in side quests before rather than just running through the main story and they're great. The world is huge (nearly Daggerfall sized but not randomly generated) and the challenges are pretty varying so far.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

Unfortunately, much of that is lost by way of the underground tunnels. The major landmarks are there, but it's very "oh look there's X landmark!" in style. I suspect Fallout 4 might suffer from the same results.
                          Yeah it could. You know Boston much better than me so would likely notice it more. Here's Fenway though.

http://deadspin.com/a-post-nuke-fenw...t-4-1708723027
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

NHOI

I was in a band called Fallout in the early 80s..
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Oh it's a gayme. figures
                              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                              X