I need to be educated more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to be educated more

Because I would in fact be concerned if this guy was standing in line at the ticket counter with me at the airport. He says if I'm concerned, I need to be educated more.

I just hope nobody tells him it is also legal to sit in an elementary schoolyard wearing nothing but a speedo and a Frankenstein mask and hand out candy to first graders. It's legal, for sure. But is it a good idea?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2244745

This photo added for no other reason than it is so weird.

DB

The guy is trying to make a point, I guess. Maybe he's trying to demonstrate absurdity. Or maybe he's just an attention seeking douchebag.

I'm all for gun rights, but this looks like one of those issues like yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Comment

I was sort of wondering...

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      The guy is trying to make a point, I guess. Maybe he's trying to demonstrate absurdity. Or maybe he's just an attention seeking douchebag.

I'm all for gun rights, but this looks like one of those issues like yelling fire in a crowded theater.
      ...what would have happened if he had looked like this (and was a US Citizen and had a house on Peachtree Street):

DB

Comment

I think this is a bigger issue...

...he's just given a real nut case a blueprint for how to walk into the Atlanta airport and commit mass murder. And I'll even give leeway on the gun itself, but a 100 round drum mag??? Allowing that anywhere is insane.

Comment

Just another person looking for their 15 minutes.

Comment

Yeah tru dat

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
            Just another person looking for their 15 minutes.
            I can actually see wanting to be armed in the airport, and wanting some real firepower in the event some terrorist makes an attack. But I would still be uncomfortable standing in line next to him.
            DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
              I can actually see wanting to be armed in the airport, and wanting some real firepower in the event some terrorist makes an attack. But I would still be uncomfortable standing in line next to him.

Agreed, I have nothing against gun ownership or rights, but how do I know this same individual just didn't come from his house where he mowed down all of his family?

I guess at that point you hope there is another CCW person close by that can get the job done with just a couple of rounds?

Comment

I'll educate you. Guns don't kill people.

McCarthy kills people

"Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Something is wrong with these people.
                  I live where everybody I know owns guns, and I don't like going grocery shopping in Idaho and see guys with a gun on their hip.
                  Sure it's legal - but what's with these people? They have a mental problem.

Comment

no more disturbing than...

...your thought process in coming up with the speedo-Frankenstein analagy.
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

He needs an uzi!

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      McCarthy kills people

mini gun, although it'll be bigger than he is.
                      DB

Comment

I was gonna say...

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                        ...your thought process in coming up with the speedo-Frankenstein analagy.
                        a leering old man on the beach leaning against his surfboard watching the sixteen year old girls playing volleyball...
                        DB

Comment

silly

Originally posted by nor'easter View Post
                          ...he's just given a real nut case a blueprint for how to walk into the Atlanta airport and commit mass murder. And I'll even give leeway on the gun itself, but a 100 round drum mag??? Allowing that anywhere is insane.
                          Yeah a mass murderer never thought of taking his gun(s) to a crowded place like a mall, or movie theater, etc to shoot people
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I dont think so

...you went with your first thought.
                            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                            May 7, 2010

Comment

and clearly you don't get my point

if somebody starts to walk in to the Cherry Hill mall or to Painters Crossing 9 openly carrying an AR 15 then the 911 switchboard lights up and the place is flooded with cops.

If somebody starts to walk in to the Atlanta airport openly carrying an AR 15 then the 911 switchboard lights up and apparently nobody can do a damn thing and they get to go inside unimpeded. Big difference IMO.

And again, the fact the gun has a 100 round drum is just ludicrous. The guys kid was too embarrased to even be seen with him. What a dolt.

Comment

Working...
                              X