• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep it's totally apples to oranges

cops vs loggers - laughable!
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Cops retire in 20 years on the public dole.

Loggers work until they physically can no longer work.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
        cops vs loggers - laughable!
        Quite fankly I thnk the idea that the average cop goes out every day fearing for his life is what is laugable.

There is risk but you are way overstating it to support your weak defense of that asshole cop.

Hell, there is risk just riding around in a car.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          Cops retire in 20 years on the public dole.

Loggers work until they physically can no longer work.
          This.
          --------

Comment

so what's your point?

nm

Comment

Bwaaa... the IE ASSumption hit parade continues

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              Quite fankly I thnk the idea that the average cop goes out every day fearing for his life is what is laugable.

There is risk but you are way overstating it to support your weak defense of that asshole cop.

Hell, there is risk just riding around in a car.
              I'm tired of pointing out all the ASSumptions you keep making. Where did I say cops fear for their lives every day? All I'm saying is that it's a real possibility, it adds to the stress of job and I'm sure it crosses their mind occasionally. When's the last time you went to work and thought to yourself "I wonder if my boss/coworker will pull out a gun and blow me away?". I can honestly say in 30+ years on my job that thought has never crossed my mind. How about you? And where did I defend the asshole cop? I said he went too far multiple times.

So let's get back to your hatred of guns. Why didn't you answer my other post? Why does your blood boil when you see a hunting show on TV? Why do you hate Trent Cole solely because he is a hunter/gun owner? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

I know what you are thinking...

Why are people dropping logger and lumber on me today? WTF?

Comment

I'm tired of pointing out all the ASSumptions you keep making. Where did I say cops fear for their lives every day? All I'm saying is that it's a real possibility, it adds to the stress of job and I'm sure it crosses their mind occasionally. When's the last time you went to work and thought to yourself "I wonder if my boss/coworker will pull out a gun and blow me away?".
                  I'm stressed every day. It crosses my mind occasionally.

I fear for my life every day. Any time you are a pedestrian crossing a street in Manhattan you are risking your life. I watch out for my life.

How many pedestrians were killed in NYC last year vs. how many cops were killed?

And also I would bet that many more "civilians" had guns pulled on them than cops did.

We need to look that up to determine the relative danger.

I can honestly say every day walking to work on my job the thought I might get run over crosses my mind.

Guns are an other matter altogether. You seem to have a love of them.

My guess is that as a average civillan you have pretty much the same chance of getting shot as of a cop.

But I don't think I ever said anything about Trent Cole having guns. Misrepresentation.

In fact I completely approve of guys like EFinMD having guns and encourage it! He's a responsible hunter.
                  --------

Comment

Cops shouldn't act like loggers at a pool party.

Comment

I'm not sure I want to get into the middle of this but this is getting silly.

Cops have to cross the street also.
                      Last edited by slag; 06-09-2015, 11:14 PM.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        I'm not sure I want to get into the middle of this but this is getting silly.

Cops have to cross the street also.
                        The point I am trying to make is that being a cop is not as dangerous to life in general as their unions would like you to believe.

Yes it is dangerous but no more so than many other jobs.

Funny thing how cop unions seem to be the only acceptable ones left in the USA right now.
                        --------

Comment

I don't want to really get into a discussion of whether government employees are overpaid when perks are considered.

And you know my aversion for statistics.

As for the danger argument:

Cops get paid for the potential, even though most of the job doesn't result in a cop getting killed or hurt.

I had a friend who went to Vietnam.

He said a lot of guys got killed in his unit in motor vehicle accidents and from shit like trees falling on them when clearing a firebase.

But ... would you rather clear trees and drive a truck or go on patrol the jungle?

That being said ... it doesn't excuse assholery by the po-po.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Haha now you talk about commuting?

I was asking about during your job - do you fear for your life once you get through your terrifying walk on the mad max streets of Manhattan? I ride a bike on roads during rush hour, I'm sure I'm in bigger danger of getting killed than you are on foot but I rarely think about it - I take precautions like staying aware of traffic, lights on my bike and highly visible clothing. I don't fear it otherwise I wouldn't do it.

You brought guns into this, and I know you never said anything about Cole, I was just making ASSumptions thinking you would get the point that ASSumptions are usually wrong. Apparently you didn't get it.

Comment

SUSP

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                                I have several relatives that are cops. I don't know of any other civilian profession where you can go to work and have a real possibility of some scumbag blowing you away, so I cut them some slack. Sure there are some bad apples, just like any other profession, but painting them all with the same brush is absurd. Funny how the bleeding hearts are nowhere to be seen when a cop gets killed in the line of duty. Now that is sickening.
                                The issue I have with the police and apologist arguments of "you don't know how hard it is" or "give them some slack" is that they're the canned blanket responses whenever they do something terrible or morally questionable.

As a society, we give up our rights to the police. We arm them and allow them to use violent and lethal force based upon their discretion to keep us safe. I'm fine with that as long as they're held up to a higher standard and are held accountable.

What has been becoming more public is that there seems to be little accountability for the police. I know not all police are bad, but the ones that are shouldn't be shielded by the "you don't know how hard it is" mantra.

What is also a big problem is that the police and prosecutors work together, so when a police officer does behave poorly the representative deemed to protect the rights of citizens is effectively supposed to bring charges against a co-worker who helps them do their job.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X