Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole plan for 2015-2016 depends on the Oline

Bradford, Murray...

Let's not worry about an old line with NO guards. You just can't make this stuff up.

cranberry juice can help with that

Comment

And we need a QB - Sanchez doesn't cut it.
      Watch - trading Foles will be as bad as when they traded Sonny Jurgensen away.
      Bradford will not survive, although we have to hope he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt Iggle View Post
        Watch - trading Foles will be as bad as when they traded Sonny Jurgensen away
        I have the utmost faith in this statement being not true.

Comment

Bradford will not survive, although we have to hope he does.
          Somewhere a Rams fan is crying that trading away Bradford will be as bad as when they traded Van Brocklin/Gabriel/Jaworski away.

Seriously though, did you actually watch Nick Foles play? The guy is a backup. You need to get over him.
          Last edited by J_Cuz31; 06-12-2015, 03:44 PM.
          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I hope you are right.
            Bradford is better than Foles IF he stays healthy, which look like poor odds.

Comment

Yes, he is gone. I just worry about a guy who had 2 torn acl's.
              It's just a health bet. I see Sanchez playing the 1st half of the season ,then Bradford's in.
              And we all have seen why the Jets got rid of Sanchez.

Comment

I hope you are right.
                Bradford is better than Foles IF he stays healthy, which look like poor odds.

On what planet is Bradford better than Foles in any way?

Bradford's career Total QBR is a horrific 40.7 on a scale of 1-100

Nick Foles in 2014 (supposedly a "bad" year) still had a very solid 62.2 Total QBR which ranked 13th in the league

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Nick Foles in 2013 had a 69.0 Total QBR, which ranked 4th in the league

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/2013

The 2 guys are on different tiers...that is, Bradford is at least one tier below Foles as a QB.

Poor Eagle fans
                Last edited by PSU; 06-12-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Sam Bradford Total QBR by year

2010: 38.2

2011: 26.2

2012: 50.3

2013: 48.0

Career: 40.7

This is on a scale where 50 = average QB play

Sam Bradford is a below-average NFL QB.
                  Last edited by PSU; 06-12-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                    Somewhere a Rams fan is crying that trading away Bradford will be as bad as when they traded Van Brocklin/Gabriel/Jaworski away.

Seriously though, did you actually watch Nick Foles play? The guy is a backup. You need to get over him.

So apparently you've never watched Sam Bradford play. Bradford never makes any big-time throws to win you a game. There's a reason why he's a career loser who can't win games. Foles has made a ton of clutch throws when the situation called for it, and has the W-L record in 2013 and 2014 to back that up.

The Rams absolutely fleeced you in that trade.
                    Last edited by PSU; 06-12-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                      Bradford, Murray...

Let's not worry about an old line with NO guards. You just can't make this stuff up.
                      Oh good now we have Evan Mathis bleeding hearts
                      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                        cranberry juice can help with that
                        Bwah!

Comment

If Bradford never plays a down for the Eagles, we still won't be looking at Foles as Sonny 2.0

Foles has the same odds at becoming a HOF QB as you and I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                            Oh good now we have Evan Mathis bleeding hearts
                            Nah, the guy is a greedy slob, but he is a quality OG in this league. There are none that exist in Philadelphia.

Comment

So apparently you've never watched Sam Bradford play. Bradford never makes any big-time throws to win you a game.
                              Check out the Youtube video of all of his throws over 15 yards. He probably had more drops than uncatchable balls I was impressed. He also moved well in the pocket. I think Bradford will be okay or better in this offense as long as the O Line holds up.

Supposedly his arm is back to full strength. That seemed to be a limitation last year and he was good enough to get Ws vs below average teams. The first third of the season is not terribly tough. However a home loss to Dallas could cost them the NFC East.

: ) Wasn't he traded in part because he liked to drink & party?

I like Foles but he does not have a good track record of playing well behind patchwork O Lines. The Rams' O Line will likely be too young to be good this year. It will be interesting to see how well he does in the next couple of years as the young Ram's offense comes together.

Foles was amazing in many ways in 2013. I once thought he was just getting his numbers padded because teams played bend-but-not-break due to DJax. However, Foles' Red Zone stats were also extraordinary in 13. I don't see him being a complete bust if he has decent talent around him. He was just too good in 2013
                              Last edited by Joegrane; 06-12-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X