For a network that loves to clutter the screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a network that loves to clutter the screen

with graphics, why the fuck hasn't Fox realized it's TV Golf 101 to post a graphic of the player's name and his score relative to par after he fucking putts?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

That's why they have Little Joe there

Originally posted by slag View Post
    with graphics, why the fuck hasn't Fox realized it's TV Golf 101 to post a graphic of the player's name and his score relative to par after he fucking putts?
    He is a font of knowledge.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Its so motherfucking stupid not to have that basic information.

If a person comes in to watch later in the broadcast or has to take a long shit, he/she has to guess where any player is positioned.

Its ridiculous.

Comment

Makes ya watch longer to see

I miss some of the bells and whistles, like the long ball crane coverage, the yardages, the wind direction. And Tom Weiskopf sounded drunk to me.
        DB

Comment

No, it actually makes me, a person who would watch the entire broadcast anyway, want to stop watching.

But they are doing one thing all other broadcasts also do.

The nearly as annoying practice of showing a shot of the ball in flight against the backdrop of the sky, with no context in relation to the fucking hole.

Comment

That's why I like that high crane shot

No, it actually makes me, a person who would watch the entire broadcast anyway, want to stop watching.

The nearly as annoying practice of showing a shot of the ball in flight against the backdrop of the sky, with no context in relation to the fucking hole.
            This rough is just like the Masters.
            DB

Comment

PS - You watching Eldrick do an impression of Joe Blow here ... again?
              Last edited by slag; 06-18-2015, 09:29 PM. Reason: punctuation error

Comment

Crane schmane ... the other networks do the same thing too much also.

Comment

You love yourself some golf slag.

In my opinion the shot you just described is the worst thing about golf on television. I'd prefer to see the reaction of the player to the shot or a wide shot of the hole to that.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Sometimes they take a shot from behind the player and you can see the flight of the ball due to HD TV, but it depends on the backdrop (how light the sky is generally).

When they do that effectively it's cool as shit.

That tracer thing is not too bad when the backdrop is too light to see the ball from behind the player ... but the camera following the ball with the sky in the background is just stupid IMO.
                    Last edited by slag; 06-18-2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

They will put a robot next to it for no reason and show him swinging a golf club

Comment

Working...
                      X