Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers douchebag owners wont say "Wells Fargo Center"

sorry if already posted.

Apparently some other bank is a "corporate partner" and they are now referring to it as "the Sixers' home arena" in all press materials.

Look, I might not be a huge fan of Wells Fargo either, and the place has no identity already being CoreStates, Wacholia and First Union Center...but come on this seems kind of petty to me.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    sorry if already posted.

Apparently some other bank is a "corporate partner" and they are now referring to it as "the Sixers' home arena" in all press materials.

Look, I might not be a huge fan of Wells Fargo either, and the place has no identity already being CoreStates, Wacholia and First Union Center...but come on this seems kind of petty to me.
    Phillymag.com recently had an article speculating this could be a prelude to a move to Camden.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2015/0...-arena-camden/
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

yeah...saw that, too

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      Phillymag.com recently had an article speculating this could be a prelude to a move to Camden.

still seems kind of ridiculous to me.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

I say good. F-Wells Fargo. Hate those bastards. Once we couldn't call it the F-U Center it got boring anyway.

Comment

I get that but...

...still seems petty as shit for team ownership to do that. I mean...they are only drawing more attention to the name by doing that.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

My banking histrionics aside, if they have a new deal with the new corporate banking partner, they're probably not allowed to say Wells Fargo Center anymore.

I don't know much about Sixers ownership so I'm not going to provide any meaningful analysis. On the other hand, F-Wells Fargo.

Comment

I got the whole deal last week. Wells Fargo had a sponsor deal with the Sixers and they bailed on it to focus on tennis/golf. Guy who managed the sponsor dept for Wells Fargo is a complete asshole - (can confirm this) and didnt even return the Sixers calls.

Sixers werent even asking for a lot of money and its commonplace / the right thing to do in the industry for name in title sponsors to invest a bit with the arenas tenants. So after the complete ignore, they said fuck'em. Relationship with the building couldnt be better. Move to Camden is ridiculous speculation.

Yes its petty and making an in house issue public but this wells fargo guy is a real piece of shit.
              Last edited by Diggle; 06-18-2015, 11:47 PM.
              WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Wells Fargo are scumbags

Fuck a bank. Been doing the credit union thing for years and haven't regretted it one bit.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Makes sense

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                  I got the whole deal last week. Wells Fargo had a sponsor deal with the Sixers and they bailed on it to focus on tennis/golf. Guy who managed the sponsor dept for Wells Fargo is a complete asshole - (can confirm this) and didnt even return the Sixers calls.

Sixers werent even asking for a lot of money and its commonplace / the right thing to do in the industry for name in title sponsors to invest a bit with the arenas tenants. So after the complete ignore, they said fuck'em. Relationship with the building couldnt be better. Move to Camden is ridiculous speculation.

Yes its petty and making an in house issue public but this wells fargo guy is a real piece of shit.
                  thanks
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                    still seems kind of ridiculous to me.
                    I think that would be really cool and do a lot for Camden (and I'm guessing financially, Camden is giving them lots of incentives). I was at a work event at a Riversharks game last night - attendance was sparse. Funny thing is, the ballpark is beautiful and should be kid friendly, but for being in Camden. The Sixers could do a lot to resolve that.

Guy who managed the sponsor dept for Wells Fargo is a complete asshole - (can confirm this) and didnt even return the Sixers calls.
                    My experiences with WF is similar.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                      I say good. F-Wells Fargo. Hate those bastards. Once we couldn't call it the F-U Center it got boring anyway.
                      FU center was the best name.
                      --------

Comment

Not only this, it's foreskin colors on the building. Sickening
                        --------

Comment

Working...
                        X