Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I am torturing this Vagiants fan about JPP

and he's going ""He's coming back, he's going to be fine."

And I keep hitting him with "Name a dominant nine-fingered defensive lineman in the NFL!"
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

He gave you the "tis a mere flesh wound" defense. Whereas PSU tried to be cute and creative with the, "he got what he deserved" bad karma bullshit.

Both VAGiants fans have something in common... their full of shit and they don't want you to know they're pissed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

He's A Defensive Lineman, Not A Quarterback

D-linemen have their hands taped and/or wear gloves. I hate to break the news to all you revelers but this will affect him about as much as Bill Gates not noticing a wad of 10s fell out of his pocket.
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Hand fighting and hand placement are extremely important for a DL
        Making tackles requires a kung foo grip
        Opposable thumbs depend on having an index finger to oppose them
        Its the strongest digit of the 4 non thumb phalanges
        Tendons are cut/missing
        Nerves are severed, contractures are a significant concern
        Not to mention the multiple skin grafts and the risk of infections

You haven't a clue what you're bloviating about do you Kelly Green ?

Comment

All That You Say Is True With One Exception...

...we're not talking Joe Average here. We're talking a professional athlete who has time to work on making adjustments. The thing that sets humans apart from the great apes IS the thumb, not the forefinger, and unless the damage affected that as well, he should be able to compensate with extensive physical therapy.

You don't think his mental approach, the drive that made him the athlete he is, will make him push himself to make up for the loss?

Puh-lease!
          "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

El Wrongo

JPP fractured his thumb, lost his finger, severed his nerves and cut his tendons on his dominant right hand. He also lost significant skin on his palm which will require multiple grafts/surgeries.

Just learning how to wipe his ass left-handed is going to be a challenge, beating NFL OTs is exponentially more difficult

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ian_baldi.html

according to NFL Network analyst and former NFL lineman Brian Baldinger.

"This story is absolutely tragic," Baldinger told NJ Advance Media in a phone interview Wednesday night. "On every single level. I knew it was bad, but when you're amputating the index finger on your right hand as a right defensive end ...

"For every defensive end and outside linebacker, the whole game is your hands. It's about grabbing and controlling people with your hands. It's about engaging and disengaging. You're never going to have the hand strength you had before.

"Even if you grab with four fingers right now, or even three fingers and your thumb, you're not going to have the strength that you would normally have. You get a tremendous amount of strength from your forefinger, index finger and the space between the two. That's how you control your opponent. You just cannot be the same player without it. Everything you do is to get that guy off of you."

Comment

If his thumb is also f*cked, I think he's really diminished as a player.

Other than that, I tend to agree with PackWest more than KG... elite athletes don't have too much to lose (like a finger) to separate them from the wannabees.

I do agree with KG that JPP may be able to compensate in some manner.

I think we can all agree that this does not help his skills in any way.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

He will be missing a great deal of strength ....

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                If his thumb is also f*cked, I think he's really diminished as a player.

Other than that, I tend to agree with PackWest more than KG... elite athletes don't have too much to lose (like a finger) to separate them from the wannabees.

I do agree with KG that JPP may be able to compensate in some manner.

I think we can all agree that this does not help his skills in any way.
                ...not from lack of conditioning , but simply because he is missing a key tool to grab,pull,push,twist. He will be competing against other elite athletes who will not have this disadvantage.

Try undoing a jar without that finger or turn a steering wheel just to feel how difficult that everyday task is to complete and to gain perspective.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

JPP is going to lose some battles. Those battles up front or a broken tackles from RB could ultimately cost a game. It's almost, not quite, like putting a big ball cast on his right arm. One or two games ... fine, but the rest of his career clutching like a 10 year old girl??

The Giants front office is pulling their hair out. What do they do? Tough , tough call, but I would let him walk at the current asking price. I'd put in language that JPP would probably refuse.

PackWest is el Correctomundo.

Comment

I'm going to ride the fence as I think both PW and KG have valid points, IF JPP was more of an interior lineman I would side with PW, but seeing how his strength is more in his quickness and legs as he is an edge rusher I could see him overcoming this.

However just getting to the QB is one thing, grabbing him and getting him down is something else, that is where the question will lie.

Besides, If the Giants cut him loose you know Chip would pick him up, with his Sports Science I bet he could have that finger growing back in no time.
                    Last edited by Eagle Road; 07-11-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X