The Twelve Boob Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Twelve Boob Problem

Here's a logic problem (normally called the Twelve Ball Problem but I'll stick to the theme) you may or may not have seen before.

You have 12 boobs. They each have the same size, shape and nipple coloring. 11 of the 12 also have the exact same milk mass. The 12th weighs either more or less than each of the other 11.

Using a balance scale* you must determine which is the odd-boob and if it has more or less milk mass than the others in only three (3) weighings.

You can weight multiple boobs on either side of the scale for each weighing.

*Example of a balance scale
    --
    Your Retarded

Don't you have to know if one is more or less than the others?

Weigh 6 and 6 first, assuming lower take the 6 lower side. Weigh 3 and 3 and repeat, take 3 lower. Compare 2 of the three, if one is lower that's it, if same then the one not weighed
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Here's the thing: you don't know whether the odd boob is heavier or lighter. That's the problem we have been asked to solve.

Comment

Kelly Green would easily solve this problem.

First, he would remove all of the tittie milk mass from 11 of the 12 "bottles". This leaves only one "bottle" with additional tittie milk mass-- thus the one "bottle" which is heavier than all the other boobs.

Problem solved-- no weighing required!
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          Weigh 6 and 6 first, assuming lower take the 6 lower side. Weigh 3 and 3 and repeat, take 3 lower. Compare 2 of the three, if one is lower that's it, if same then the one not weighed
          El-Wrongo.

As RSE said, you have to determine which boob AND if it weighs more or less.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

I'm working on it. I need time to diagram it on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
              I'm working on it. I need time to diagram it on paper.
              I'm working through it again too. It's been a while since I solved it and while I know most of the solution the end is tough.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

That's a really good one. I gave up, looked it up. Very tricky.

Comment

I had to peak too. I'd like to think I'd have figured it out with time, but I'm not sure I have the logical creativity necessary.

Comment

Off the top of my head, you divide them into three(3) groups of four(4) boobs. You can weigh those groups off in three weighings and whichever comes up heavy twice or light twice will narrow it down to four and tell you heavy or light. But not the exact boob. You might get lucky and get the odd group in two weighings but the third weighing would still only narrow it down to two. So I don't know.

But entertaining to think about.

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

thought that was too easy

I was too lazy to figure it out so Googled - I wouldn't have gotten it anyway
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Here's how Kelly Green would do it ....

Divide the titties in half, weigh and remove the 6 lighter ones.
                        Divide the knockers in half again, weigh and remove the 3 lighter ones.
                        Weigh any two of the remaining sweater stretchers.
                        The scale will measure the most massive mammary.
                        If the scale balances, you have the heaviest or lightest hooter in hand.
                        Last edited by jimbo; 07-24-2015, 09:59 PM.
                        Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                        X