Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Slizz

Making fun of my hearing?

Fuck you ... don't talk to me at tailgates.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

If I were talking to you, would you even know?

Clearly I just can't stand people with hearing loss.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I figured I'd give you a batting practice meatball this morning.

Comment

But seriously

Can you tell me who the fuck Stan is???
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Yeah ... spoiler for those not current

The guy working for Vince Vaugn who they found dead in the warehouse.

Comment

Yeah, I got that part. But why was that so devastating? They made it sound like he was someone we knew before that moment.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I just assumed it was an indication that he was a particularly well-liked cohort of Vince.

Comment

After next week's episode, I will probably binge for the finale. I just feel like there's a lot of connections that get blurred, and most of them surround Vince Vaughn.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  After next week's episode, I will probably binge for the finale. I just feel like there's a lot of connections that get blurred, and most of them surround Vince Vaughn.
                  It feels like there are entire scenes missing at times. The show feels poorly edited, especially compared to last year, which was really impressive.

Comment

I'm not certain I'd call the editing "poor." There's just more to fit into an hour. Last year, all you really had to do was follow two guys that were looking for one guy.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I'm not certain I'd call the editing "poor." There's just more to fit into an hour. Last year, all you really had to do was follow two guys that were looking for one guy.
                      Fair enough -- maybe it just feels overstuffed. It still feels like scenes were left on the cutting room floor, though. Like the whole Stan business -- who was he, why should we care, etc? Another scene or two about him may have helped make that more clear. Though as you say, there's a lot they're trying to cram into each episode.

Comment

I think you're both right ... in that they could have simplified the story and given themselves enough space to make clearer connections.

Comment

I don't...

think the writing is as incisive or intellectual in series 2. There haven't been any "time is a flat circle" moments. The writers have also taken on that lazy-ish bullet-point style writing from mainstream shows like CSI:

--Yeah. Guy came in here a couple months back.
                          --Told me he needed cash.
                          --Said he was in a hurry.

The actors have been good for the most part. And Rachel McAdams is one of the best things Canada has ever produced.
                          You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

The actors have been delivering their best performances. I hate Colin Farrell, but he's been fantastic, and while Vince Vaughn has had to work twice as hard to keep up, he's been pretty damn great, too.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

The actors have been delivering their best performances. I hate Colin Farrell, but he's been fantastic, and while Vince Vaughn has had to work twice as hard to keep up, he's been pretty damn great, too.
                              That about sums it up for me too. I don't particularly hate Colin Farrell, but Vince Vaughn isn't used to acting in gritty films. At least Farrell was in In Brugges. Great film. Also a Peter Dinklage sighting in it! Love that dude.
                              You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Working...
                              X