Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential the board

Adobe Flash Player fucking sucks.

I have disabled it from all my browsers, as the piece of shit continues to be a conduit for malware hacks and worse.

I suggest the rest of you do it ... but obviously it's up to you.

However, any embedded vid needing flash will not play for anyone who's disabled it ... but using a link to a vid, instead of embedding it, sometimes (not always) cures that, I assume because many sites run HTML5 also.

So, I respectfully request that anyone posting a vid include a link instead of embedding it ... or post a link in addition to the embed.

thanks
    Last edited by slag; 08-01-2015, 11:46 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

You're acting paranoid

Just keep Adobe and your virus program always updated and you'll be fine.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Ya think?

NetFlix and YouTube already dumped it for no reason then?

Comment

PS

Alot of people I know, who are a fuckload more tech savvy than I am, have dumped it off their main computer and only use it on a spare laptop or Ipad.

I do it with my Ipad myself ... it's a time bomb ... not worth waiting for a patch that your antivirus doesn't have until they respond to an attack.

Comment

I take the middle ground here.

All software is a timebomb, IMO. The problem with Adobe Flash is that it was so widely used it became a big juicy target.

For example of another timebomb, a big problem with Android phones was announced this week.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbr...y-for-testing/

You can request that YouTube videos play in HTML5 player. In fact I think if you don't have Adobe Flash on your system they play in HTML5.

https://www.youtube.com/html5
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yes, I think.

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Ya think?

NetFlix and YouTube already dumped it for no reason then?
            I saw this shit about Adobe on the web a few weeks ago. I totally wrote it off. Like IE said, any app can lead to bad things if left to its ways.

I use AVG free and scan each week with Malwarebytes, Spybot, Super Antispyware, and Glary Utilities. I also clean the box out weekly with CC Cleaner.

I surf anywhere on the net with no fear.
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I'm pretty sure YouTube does because when I went to YouTube after I disabled Flash, to request HTML5, it was already checked ... that hack in early July made me disable Flash in my main computer and, as I indicated above, if I HAVE to see something I use my iPad.

Comment

Flash is a hack magnet ... good luck.

Comment

Slag,

The only type of video you can embed here is a YouTube video, so I don't think there is a problem. Any other videos have to be posted as links.
                  --------

Comment

I'm getting the "puzzle piece" on some embedded vids here and when I tried to embed a youtube vid today, it wouldn't work so I just posted a link.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Zoli was right. You are the smartest guy on the board.

Flash is a hack magnet ... good luck.
                      In you mind, anyway.

Comment

Anyone disagreeing with you and him or making a joke is conceited huh?

Ok.
                        Last edited by slag; 08-01-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I'm getting the "puzzle piece" on some embedded vids here and when I tried to embed a youtube vid today, it wouldn't work so I just posted a link.

Am I missing something?
                          I don't know... but the page I linked to

https://www.youtube.com/html5

says "many" YouTube videos will play in HTML5. I guess that means not all of them will.
                          --------

Comment

Working...
                          X