No announcement yet.

Not sure if any of you have seen this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Chip has two more years. My prediction that he will fail is still holding true. And just like Harbaugh, Kelly will be back in college where his shit belongs. Sadly for Philly it's going to take a long time to build the team back up to something resembling respectable after Kelly's departure."

Have you looked at the talent being being assembled on D? That alone makes this team more than respectable and it's not like they're a train wreck on the offensive-side of the ball either. The special teams are better than solid as well.

I know you don't like him but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how this team would take years to bring back to respectability if Chip left today. The cupboard isn't empty in any way,shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      Of all of the position coaches in the NFL right in front of me, but I know that former Cardinals and Niners safety Tim McDonald is coaching the DB's in Buffalo. I'll take him over our DB coach in a minute.
      I have to ask, why would you take him over the DB coach of the Eagles?

Comment

Exactly

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
        I have to ask, why would you take him over the DB coach of the Eagles?
        What do you know about McDonald the coach?
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

I'll take my chances with a guy

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          What do you know about McDonald the coach?
          Who played DB in this league and did it at a high level, as opposed to a guy who's never played in the league before. Yes, I understand that playing in the league is not a prerequisite to being a coach, but that's my opinion. The bigger picture is that guys like Boykin are saying that Chip can't relate to them CULTURALLY, and we can't just act like that doesn't matter. They're men first, before they're football players, and that has to be respected.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
            Who played DB in this league and did it at a high level, as opposed to a guy who's never played in the league before. Yes, I understand that playing in the league is not a prerequisite to being a coach, but that's my opinion. The bigger picture is that guys like Boykin are saying that Chip can't relate to them CULTURALLY, and we can't just act like that doesn't matter. They're men first, before they're football players, and that has to be respected.
            When Belicheck played in the NFL, who did he play for?

Comment

They are men, but some of them act like children (see: Shady McCoy). I think a lot of the more mature players realize that it's a business and they buy in because they want to win.

I think there may be some legitimacy to all this. However, I don't think Chip is a racist at all in the traditional sense (I have no doubt that he does not dislike black people). It seems like he has no interest in players that exhibit certain personality/social traits, particularly off the field. This has a disproportionate effect on African American players and that is why there is some gap between Chip and some of his players. Just my opinion.
              Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-13-2015, 11:15 AM.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I hear you

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                They are men, but some of them act like children (see: Shady McCoy). I think a lot of the more mature players realize that it's a business and they buy in because they want to win.

I think there may be some legitimacy to all this. However, I don't think Chip is a racist at all in the traditional sense (I have no doubt that he does not dislike black people). It seems like he has no interest in players that exhibit certain personality/social traits, particularly off the field. This has a disproportionate effect on African American players and that is why there is some gap between Chip and some of his players. Just my opinion.
                And I can't stress enough that in no way do I think Chip is a racist, but in today's NFL, just coaching your players isn't enough. That worked in the 60's, you can't do it that way today.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

That's what Belichick does. All coaches are different. Coughlin eased up a bit but he's still a disciplinarian. It's Chip's prerogative as far as how he builds the team. Now he has to win. That will ultimately decide whether his "culture" philosophy "works."
                  Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-13-2015, 11:32 AM.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                  X