I'm not sure about Barbre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure about Barbre

I can't decide if he played excellent or outstanding!

Also to add:

I watched the game over and at left guard, I think it's a toss up between Gardner and Moffitt. Gardner is a big dude. On at least one play, he was able to anchor and reset himself after getting jacked on the initial contact. That's a really good sign. I didn't see him make some exceptional plays like Barbre ( first and second level blocks on one play) but He had a very good game!

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      Also to add:

I watched the game over and at left guard, I think it's a toss up between Gardner and Moffitt. Gardner is a big dude. On at least one play, he was able to anchor and reset himself after getting jacked on the initial contact. That's a really good sign. I didn't see him make some exceptional plays like Barbre ( first and second level blocks on one play) but He had a very good game!
      You mean right guard?

I think too much is made out of guard situation. Losing sight of the HOFer at LT and two all-pros in c/rt
      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Yes. RG.

Well, I was a little concerned but Barbre looked outstanding. Gardner was very solid and Moffitt played well, and you have to hope both will continue an ascension. i didn't see either make a play at the second level. Hopefully that will come.

Comment

You and I would look great in between Peters/kelce/lane

Came out wrong. You get the point
          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Haha.

I think a lot of guys are serviceable in that situation but you want more than that. Barbre looked like a player that's going to add value to the position. Right now, I like what Gardner showed, but he needs to build on this game.

Comment

You seem excited that he mentioned that you would look great between two guys. All giggly and shit.

Geigh
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Is that TO's abs in your avatar?

U.B. Faggin.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                  Also to add:
                  I watched the game over and at [right] guard, I think it's a toss up between Gardner and Moffitt. ...
                  These recent comments by O Line coach seem to make Gardner the man to beat. However, didn't Mathis take a couple of weeks to crack the starting lineup in his first season? Maybe Moffit will eventually do the same.

Andrew Gardner: “A guy like Gardner may not be as quick or as explosive, but he’s a lot longer. People have to go a lot further to get around him. Gardner is a very good athlete for his size. One would look at him and say he’s more of a tackle-looking guy, but he does a really good job playing guard because what we do offensively from a zone standpoint and a fast-moving standpoint, it’s hard to have those really big type. He fits well for us at that position."

John Moffitt: “John is getting better every day. You can tell he has been off for a couple years. Seriously, (on Friday) it was his hands, what we call spatial awareness. When do I actually punch you? If this guy’s running full speed, do I initiate the punch? You could go ahead and punch somebody and they’re a little further away and you go out of bounds. Now you took yourself out of bounds and the guy goes right on your edge. It’s really detailed, and he’s getting all that timing back right now. You can see it. We still have to get his feet going a little bit with all the angles and all that. He knows, but every single day it’s like one day at a time. I’m happy with his improvement each day.”
                  http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...5-90eab7ed106b

Comment

Originally posted by Joegrane View Post
                    These recent comments by O Line coach seem to make Gardner the man to beat. However, didn't Mathis take a couple of weeks to crack the starting lineup in his first season? Maybe Moffit will eventually do the same.
                    Gardner being big and looking like a tackle sounds like Herremans.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

I thought of Herremans while watching the game again.

Occasionally Herremans would make plays down field. It will be nice if Gardner can do some of that and finish blocks. He had a really good start today and I do think he will win the job going into the first game.

Comment

I think they signed Moffitt because they thought he'd win the job. If he truly has his shit together, he's their most solid option there. He just has to get used to playing again.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                        X