Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 RB

Kid is our returner. Lock it.

The Mostert kid has looked good in both games as well.

Comment

He can fill the Brad Smith role. Smith never contributed squat as a WR.

If Chip wants to run the ball as much as all signs point to, he's gonna need Barner.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
        Kid is our returner. Lock it.
        So tired of all of these Ducks...

If you look at his college statistics, Barner’s performance is stunning. In 40 punt returns at Oregon, he returned just one for a touchdown. During his junior year, he returned four punts an average of -1.5 yards.

When Barner played eight games for the Carolina Panthers in 2013, he didn’t return a punt even once. So what changed? Well, the obvious: his teammates, most notably of which is Darren Sproles.

“I’m in Darren’s back pocket twenty-four-seven,” Barner said. “Anything that guy tells me, I listen to. For pre-game I was able to watch him and then go back and have about a five-10 minute conversation with him about where the ball was going to drop, how it was going to turn, who was booming it and who wasn’t. Sproles plays a big part in my success in the punt return because he’s always in my head.”

To Sproles, it’s Barner who deserves all of the credit, not himself. But Sproles, who earned Pro Bowl honors as a punt returner in 2014, did explain what Barner’s keys to success have been.

“The main thing has been just catching the ball and going,” Sproles said. “If a punter gives you a line-drive kick like that, the best thing for you to do is catch it and go. Then, you have to find the [closest] gunner and make that first guy miss. If you do that, you have a chance [for a big return] every time.”
        http://www.phillymag.com/?pm-blogs=b...VbRF5ehopCF.99
        Last edited by Melchior; 08-23-2015, 09:46 AM.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

The dilemma is at which position to go light?

It's a gamble to go short anywhere else and cut a depth or developmental player at another position. At which position can Chip really afford to go short: DB, LB, OL or WR?

Comment

I said it before, I think Wr- Are- Mathews, Agualor, Huff, Austin, Sproiles, Cooper.
            I think we keep 4 qb's too, unless we can get something for bark.
            could tebow fill the fb position?

Comment

Put down the pipe

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
              I said it before, I think Wr- Are- Mathews, Agualor, Huff, Austin, Sproiles, Cooper.
              I think we keep 4 qb's too, unless we can get something for bark.
              could tebow fill the fb position?
              If they go light at DB, LB or OL, everyone better stay healthy all season.

Comment

Working...
              X