I know Preseason Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Preseason Football

means nothing. But i'm still giddy by the fact that the Eagles have just lit up two AFC playoff teams from last season. Sure the Colts were destroyed by New England in the AFC-CG but the Ravens should have beaten the Patriots the week before. I watched that game with a bunch of Pats fans and they all knew the Patriots pulled that game out of their ass. I agree with Zubaz, this offense is going to be sick. If their Secondary is between 15-20 they could be a 12 win team.
    Last edited by Dolomite; 08-22-2015, 10:17 PM.

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
    means nothing. But i'm still giddy by the fact that the Eagles have just lit up two AFC playoff teams from last season. Sure the Colts were destroyed by New England in the AFC-CG but the Ravens should have beaten the Patriots the week before. I watched that game with a bunch of Pats fans and they all knew the Patriots pulled that game out of their ass. I agree with Zubaz, this offense is going to be sick. If their Secondary is between 15-20 they could be a 12 win team.
    You do know that there is no game planning for these games until the 3rd game. so I suggest you hold your jism until they actually play a real game and Bradford makes it thru in one piece. JS...SMDH. These games mean nothing, every year teams go 4-0 in preseason and suck ass when the games count.

Comment

Originally posted by fottball+life View Post
      You do know that there is no game planning for these games until the 3rd game. so I suggest you hold your jism until they actually play a real game and Bradford makes it thru in one piece. JS...SMDH. These games mean nothing, every year teams go 4-0 in preseason and suck ass when the games count.
      fottball? What the fuck?
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

The score

means nothing, but the evaluation of the talent is everything. I don't care about W-L record in preseason. What I cared about was whether Sam Bradford could take some nasty hits from some dirty punks on the Ravens' D line and still find his targets. He did. I wanted to see if Hicks and Acho would be able to handle the run up the middle. They did ok. Not great, but average. Certainly the secondary looks bigger and nastier (how could it not after last year?). But saying pre-season means nothing is disingenuous.

The Warshington team's fans claim to win the SB every year in pre-season. I don't think anyone on this board is claiming that. Most of us just like the direction of the team in a lot of areas and want to see what the inevitable back-ups will do when asked to stand and deliver. I saw a lot of positives tonight. Some stuff needs fixing, but the component pieces generally looked competent at worst.
        You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
          cancel your internet service immediately

Comment

Thanks for that insight.

Now, I don't disagree there's a bit of excess splooging on the board, but Bradford played well, if somewhat rusty, at game speed without a red jersey on.

And the Eagles bitch slapped the Ravens' first team defense and offense, "no game plan" notwithstanding.

What's not to like?
            Last edited by slag; 08-23-2015, 08:55 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Normally, you could put more into the "no game planning" argument. That said, these two teams practiced for three days against each other. The Ravens knew exactly what to expect, and they still got worked. Doesn't mean that the Eagles will have a great year, but there are a lot of positives to take away from the game.

Comment

By all accounts, which includes the Baltimore media,

the Eagles looked better than the Ravens the entire week. Just sayin'.

Comment

Smegma
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

cockball+lube
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Any eagles fan getting excited over a preseason win needs to be banned from watching football.

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post
                        Any eagles fan getting excited over a preseason win needs to be banned from watching football.
                        You're kind of a dumb guy.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                          You're kind of a dumb guy.
                          No a dumb guy is someone who doesnt realize that no matter what happens before labor day their team record is still going to be 0-0 on the 14th of sept.

Comment

You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

No a dumb guy is someone who doesnt realize that no matter what happens before labor day their team record is still going to be 0-0 on the 14th of sept.
                              So the process by which NFL teams evaluate players isn't an acceptable way to evaluate players? No one cares about the score. The fact that you think anyone is excited about winning preseason games just proves my point.

Comment

Working...
                              X