Watching the Eagles replay last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching the Eagles replay last night

and it seemed like Bradford was using the shovel/shuffle? pass a LOT more than normal and many screen passes as well. It was all working very well.

I wonder if they changed their approach a bit after getting a final ruling on that controversial hit by Suggs, that it was indeed legal and if the quarterback is in the process of a handoff, he can get hit but if he's in a passing stance, they can call "roughing the passer" Seems like that's a great way to stop the defenders from rushing the qb so quickly.

not sure if I made my point correctly but thought I'd gauge everyone's opinion or if anyone else noticed all the screens and shovel passes in the game vs. GB.
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

That's interesting. I do remember thinking that Bradford was throwing to RBs a lot.

According to clarified rules, a QB who hands off the ball can be hit, but a QB who passes can't. A shovel pass can serve the same function as a handoff while keeping the QB protected. It would not surprise me if Chip starts using RB passes more to keep Bradford upright, especially considering the drop-off from him to Sanchez.

It'll be something worth watching for.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-quarterbacks/

This article kind of supports that thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-quarterbacks/

This article kind of supports that thinking.
        It seems that this rule is going to leave a lot of room for interpretation on behalf of players and officials.

I think we may see some teams tee-ing off on QB's this season because they're a threat to run. The NFL seems to have said that if you think the QB is a threat you can hit them.

What is going to stop a DE from ramming into a QB and saying well I thought he still had the ball? Maybe Peyton Manning isn't going to run it, but maybe he's just trying to fool the defensive end. Take him out.

When/how is an official going to agree or disagree with the DE and decide on the flag?

If that happens, it's probably going to be changed or more narrowly defined next season.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

What happened to no hitting the qb in the knees when he's in the pocket?

Seemed like a pretty simple rule.

Am I correctly reading that this is somehow qualified by a further rule allowing that kind of hit so long as the qb is not clearly in "passing" mode?
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            What happened to no hitting the qb in the knees when he's in the pocket?

Seemed like a pretty simple rule.

Am I correctly reading that this is somehow qualified by a further rule allowing that kind of hit so long as the qb is not clearly in "passing" mode?
            Basically I think they are saying the QB can be hit low as long as there is an RB near him that is not in a blocking stance.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
            X