I'm a Flater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Flater

Definitely left the haters cuz in my mind right now there is nothing to hate. But not a full on Fluffer either. Can't be as long as KKKooper is still on the team and in his own way the Great Unquestionable One is every bit if not more arrogant than FF.

Never seen the bored like this before. deff more fluffers than ever and Fluffer trolls. Makes it hard to be an objective Fluffer and be taken seriously. Kind of like where you GOPers have found yourself with Trump.

Any more Flaters out there?
    Last edited by Irish George; 09-02-2015, 08:18 AM.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I'm not sure what I am...but I wonder if there are more Huffers than Flaters.

Comment

Sounds like an appropriate term.

I bowl with three African American guys who told me it is a waste of time to hate on Cooper. In their words, "He's not racist. He just got too comfortable."

But that hate can be 100% channeled into the fact that he sucks.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

That is a great quote

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Sounds like an appropriate term.

I bowl with three African American guys who told me it is a waste of time to hate on Cooper. In their words, "He's not racist. He just got too comfortable."

But that hate can be 100% channeled into the fact that he sucks.
        Obviously, your friends have a lot more sense than many here and elsewhere.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I keep it simple. I like when they win games, I don't like when they lose games, and I will hate on whoever's fault it was they that they didn't win said game.

Comment

I worked with an African American ex college football player. He didn't think Cooper was racist either. He said in the locker room, especially in the South where this guy played, it wasn't uncommon for the white guys to use that language amongst friends and teammates. He even went as far as to say, "if you and me were hanging out and you said it, it wouldn't bother me at all because we're cool." Now, I can't even begin to relate to that or understand it, but surely his perspective is relevant.

Doesn't change that what he said, IMO, is objectively racist, but it is an interesting perspective to consider. Vick stood up for him. Obviously some of the players were very angry, but I don't get the impression that he is a pariah in the locker room or anything like that.

I just don't think he's very good. Too many young receiving weapons that need to develop. I'd probably get rid of him.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It's all about context. I suppose his fatal mistake was letting his guard down and saying shit in an environment that he didn't think about. Racist, maybe. Stupid, for sure.

Drinking will do that.

Speaking of which...less than two weeks until the homopener.

Comment

I don't think the term was used by Cooper because he has black friends who don't find him using it to be offensive.

Cooper used an insulting term toward a total stranger because he was drunk and pissed off.

However, I'd bet my house that that virtually every player on the Eagles, or fan of the Eagles, has thought or uttered a racial or ethnic slur when angry enough.

Not because of racism ... but because it's an alternative to "cocksucker" "asshole" "mothefucker" "cunt" or whatever.

Lots of first stones being cast on this subject.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  I don't think the term was used by Cooper because he has black friends who don't find him using it to be offensive.

Cooper used an insulting term toward a total stranger because he was drunk and pissed off.

However, I'd bet my house that that virtually every player on the Eagles, or fan of the Eagles, has thought or uttered a racial or ethnic slur when angry enough.

Not because of racism ... but because it's an alternative to "cocksucker" "asshole" "mothefucker" "cunt" or whatever.

Lots of first stones being cast on this subject.
                  Tim TeBow?
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Bwah ... I'm a cynical fuck and don't completely eliminate even him.

Comment

I agree for the most part, but I do think that his comfort in using the word around friends/teammates, if that was the case, would have contributed to his comfort in using the word then. Of course, a much bigger contributor was his being drunk as shit.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Ok ... I see that ... don't know if it was a factor, and don't think it has to be one, but see what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          Ok ... I see that ... don't know if it was a factor, and don't think it has to be one, but see what you're saying.
                          Anyone who's honest with themselves and others knows damn well they've said things while angry/drunk/etc. they regret almost instantly. Most of us were lucky enough not to have cell phone cameras filming us when we said those things.

Cooper's a jerk, what he said is terrible, and he probably deserved a stiffer penalty than what he got. A little strange to me that some people really think that in a league with all manner of violent offenders gainfully employed and celebrated, Cooper should be shunned forever based on these words.

Anyway, he stinks, and I won't him gone because I really don't think he's even the fourth best receiver on the team anymore.

Comment

Flatter?

Don't you mean Fatter?
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I'm with you

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                              Any more Flaters out there?
                              I like Chip and it's nice to enjoy football again. But he traded for a Heisman trophy winner who can't stay on the field, traded our best RB in at least a decade (probably longer), released the best deep threat we had since T.O., kept Bradley Felcher(R) on the and Nolan Carroll on the bench and then tells us this season that Carroll should have been the starter all along, basically ignored the safety spot all off-season and pretty much tells everyone to fuck off 24/7.

Bradford's looked great and the offense clicks with him in there (if he stays in there) and the defense looks at least decent too with the ability to make turnovers. So far, so good. Whoever said cautiously ecstatic is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X