Bradford extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford extension?

How well does Sam Bradford have to play to get a long-term contract?

He probably has to survive the season and win at least 2 playoff games. Otherwise, King Charles will very likely go and get another reclamation project to put under center.
    "I don't think there's anybody in this organization not focused on the 49ers... I mean Chargers."
    -Bill Belichick

"People think we make $3 million and $4 million a year. They don't realize that most of us only make $500,000."
    -Pete Incaviglia

Comment

The thing I really respect about Chip is that he doesn't accept mediocrity. A 10-6 season lead to him to rid his starting Qb, leading rusher and wide receiver. He wants to win the championship. He's trying to make his system work!

🚣🚣

Comment

I agree. But after all my decades of disappointment, I'm still in wait-and-see mode. Gotta give it to Chip, though, in light of his moving and shaking. The Eagles may not wind up being better, but at least they'll be different.

Another thing I will defend Chip Kelly about is his desire to create a "team-first" culture. And I don't really care if that means some of the divas have to stop pointing at their own jerseys or if Chip sends them on their way.
        "I don't think there's anybody in this organization not focused on the 49ers... I mean Chargers."
        -Bill Belichick

"People think we make $3 million and $4 million a year. They don't realize that most of us only make $500,000."
        -Pete Incaviglia

Comment

You guys have it backwards. The Eagles would have signed him to an extension if they could have. Bradford already has a lot of money his Rookie contact was 6 years $78 million. He's in the last year of that contact. He's well aware of the crazy contract Russel Wilson just got, 4 Years $87 million. Bradford is looking for that type of payday. Its a gamble, it's a gamble i'd take if i were him. Even if he flames out he's not going to be living in a van down by the river.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Lurker Cheerleader View Post
            How well does Sam Bradford have to play to get a long-term contract?

I think as long as he stays healthy and they make the playoffs, he'll get a long-term.

Even "above average" QBs are hard to find...

Comment

Sam Bradford has all the leverage

The Curious Case of Sam Bradford’s Contract.http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/25/nfl-sa...delphia-eagles

Comment

I'm sure the Eagles would like to have him signed to a the cheaper deal for a couple of years, but I don't think they'll be upset if he performs in a way that earns him a big contract.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

That's the issue. They wanted to sign him on the cheap early on but now that they see how good he is and how healthy he looks there is no way Bradford's signing that deal. However if the Eagles want him for the long term even after the season I have no doubt that if they pony up he will stay.

Comment

They will and he'll stay. I looked and I can't find any landing spots for him. He's not going to sign with another Jacksonvillish team. Other teams like Chicago and SF are stuck with QB's with bad contracts. He's not going anywhere.

The Saints could release Drew Breez in 2016. If they have a bad year I think they will. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orlea...ts/drew-brees/

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                      They will and he'll stay. I looked and I can't find any landing spots for him. He's not going to sign with another Jacksonvillish team. Other teams like Chicago and SF are stuck with QB's with bad contracts. He's not going anywhere.

The Saints could release Drew Breez in 2016. If they have a bad year I think they will. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orlea...ts/drew-brees/
                      You didn't look too hard then because ANY one of these would be ideal for him in 2016:

Buffalo
                      NYJets
                      Cincy (Dalton's contract is easily wiped out after this year)
                      Houston

Though I believe he resigns with Philly if Chip commits to him as "the guy" going forward and they don't try to under-sale him.

But make no mistake, there are "ready-to-win" teams out there he'd fit like a glove. In fact the Bills would be number 1 on his list I believe. GREAT defense, GREAT skilled position players and a very good OL.

Comment

Buffalo and the Jets won't have the cap Space in 2016. And the Bills OL was ranked 32 in 2014, both of those teams are out. No way he ends up with either of them.

32. Buffalo Bills (22nd)
                        PB: 31st, RB: 31st, PEN: 6th
                        Stud: Look no further than Cordy Glenn. The most reliable piece of this line, Glenn hasn’t reached the heights of last year but remains a solid pass protector as evidenced by just 10 QB disruptions allowed all year.

Houston and Cincinnati are possibilities. Cincinnati will have a ton of free space.

Houston cap-space 2016 $24,431,691
                        Cincinnati cap-space 2016 $52,170,672
                        Buffalo cap-space 2016 $7,106,030
                        Jets cap-space 2016 $1,546.462

Comment

While Maclin can be used a an argument that having a career year under Kelly doesn't guarantee coming back I think that if Bradford goes off this year it'll be partially (significantly) because he's a QB under Chip Kelly.

Unless he's just in it for the biggest initial payday, I think continue success in a system he thrives in will be a reason he'd stay if the money is otherwise close.
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Speed_Kills View Post
                            and a very good OL.
                            And the Bills OL was ranked 32 in 2014
                            Thank you for correcting this incredibly stupid comment.

Comment

Buffalo and the Jets won't have the cap Space in 2016. And the Bills OL was ranked 32 in 2014, both of those teams are out. No way he ends up with either of them.

32. Buffalo Bills (22nd)
                              PB: 31st, RB: 31st, PEN: 6th
                              Stud: Look no further than Cordy Glenn. The most reliable piece of this line, Glenn hasn’t reached the heights of last year but remains a solid pass protector as evidenced by just 10 QB disruptions allowed all year.

Houston and Cincinnati are possibilities. Cincinnati will have a ton of free space.

Houston cap-space 2016 $24,431,691
                              Cincinnati cap-space 2016 $52,170,672
                              Buffalo cap-space 2016 $7,106,030
                              Jets cap-space 2016 $1,546.462
                              Don't kid yourself for a second because this is Rex LAST gig and if he's a QB away he will make the room if need be.

Buffalo is primo spot 1 IF 7 leaves.

Comment

Working...
                              X