Effective immediately

Bwah! Good riddance, BUM!

Bump!

Comment

Thanks for making my day.

Comment

NO MORE RUIN TOMORROW JR!!!!!!

Comment

Thank god. I thought for sure the Hamels trade saved his a$$.

Comment

I think this guy will be the new GM.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Klentak

Amaro did some nice things over the past year (probably more Gillick's doing), but the damage was already done. Ownership was responsible for resigning the 2008 players but RAJ was behind all the bandaid signings/trades from 2011-2014, getting nothing back for Pence in 2012, not unloading Cliff Lee in 2013, the Domingo Santana debacle, MAG, and hiring Ryne Sandberg. Adios.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
              Effective immediately
              Thank goodness. When some speculated the handful of decent trades he made recently would save his skin I got worried. Obviously in way, way over his head. Here's hoping the prospect of a huge market and cashflow will attract top talent to the post, and the owners will have the sense to hire them.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                Amaro did some nice things over the past year (probably more Gillick's doing), but the damage was already done. Ownership was responsible for resigning the 2008 players but RAJ was behind all the bandaid signings/trades from 2011-2014, getting nothing back for Pence in 2012, not unloading Cliff Lee in 2013, the Domingo Santana debacle, MAG, and hiring Ryne Sandberg. Adios.
                This is sort of an interesting angle of the Phillies demise

http://www.hardballtimes.com/extendi...-the-phillies/

Basically, since developing the Rollins-Utley-Howard Core, they've drafted very poorly. Even the players they traded away turned into very little.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                  I think this guy will be the new GM.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Klentak

not trading cliff in 2013 was beyond my comprehension. the dude was having a great season and the only thing that kept him from having a sub-2 ERA was pitching too deep into games because we had no bullpen. how amaro didn't look at the age at which oswalt and halladay's bodies broke down and take a cue was beyond me.

Comment

Blame Amaro all you want

but a lot of the scuttlebutt is that upper management wanted him to keep players around because of the contract talks with Comcast.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      Effective immediately
                      Best. News. Ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X