Remembering 9-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering 9-11

Condolences to the entire nation, and especially my Igglephans buds who were personally affected.

RIP all the victims.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I should have posted this first

apologies.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

No need to apologize

You probably read through that Cheatriots thread and it was on your mind. Thanks for making this thread. It was a difficult time and everyone up here in North and Central Jersey knew someone that died or had relatives, friends, or neighbors who died. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it because every day I pass a monument with a twisted piece of the WTC on it. It's 25 feet from the side of the road. It has the names of the locals who perished. When it all happened, we all saw it with our own eyes. We smelled it. It was f'ing horrible. At the time, I was doing some consulting at Stevens Institute right across the river from it in Hoboken. OMG there are just no words to describe that. I miss leaving Hoboken and getting on the turnpike extension on my way home and looking out to my left over Jersey City and seeing those buildings standing there. It gave me goosebumps.

Comment

A friend on mine is a NYC firefighter and he was there on that fateful day. In fact, he was too close for comfort when the first tower fell. He said his first reaction was to stand there and watch but he wiped that stupid thought out of his head in a millisecond when he knew what was falling...plate glass windows, girders,etc. He and his captain tried in vain to outrun the thick dust and debris racing towards them but they were able to duck into an unlocked doorway at the last second. I won't go into the horrific stuff he witnessed when the debris was falling down...gruesome.

NEVER, EVER ,EVER FORGET.

Comment

Working...
        X