I thought he was "Big Balls"Chip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
    Hard to say. Perhaps he was hedging. Seeing the defense slipping might have caused him to want to keep that extra timeout in his pocket to possibly stop the clock.
    There's the problem. If you believe in the FG, you call the time out. If you don't, you go for it on fourth. At least that's my opinion.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I'm with you on this one. We had their D on the ropes. Just keep pounding them, but, like you said, if you want to kick, call the TO and give Parkey a chance.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

No, the problem is that you decide what you're going to do if you don't make it on third before you run the fucking third down play.

And then you send the kicking team out as soon as the ball is spotted, if that's what you want to do.

That way, you don't make a time out any part of the equation.
        Last edited by slag; 09-15-2015, 11:17 AM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You are 100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            No, the problem is that you decide what you're going to do if you don't make it on third before you run the fucking third down play.

And then you send the kicking team out as soon as the ball is spotted, if that's what you want to do.

Also, if you do want to go for it on 4th it's better to run the play quickly to not allow the defense time to regroup.

In any case I think the indecision was not a good thing in that situation.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Completely agree. But once you've dithered, you call the time out.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
              X