Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huff.

I'm not seeing it.

Me either. He has speed and is good for a big play here and there (maybe) but he just doesn't look like he has a particularly high football IQ.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Unfortunately it's looking like the only deep threat until Agalor develops is Sproles. That's a problem.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Deep threats don't matter if the ball never goes more than 15 yards in the air.

Comment

His football instincts rival those of Nate Allen.

Comment

I was hoping he would make big strides but I gave up as soon as that pass hit him in the back because he didn't know to look for the ball.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Kelly said he mistook the play call for one that required him to block ... which is why he didn't look back for the ball, not because he doesn't know how to.

Which is fucked, but not as fucked as not looking back on a play when he's supposed to.
              Last edited by slag; 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                Kelly said he mistook the play call for one that required him to block ... which is why he didn't look back for the ball, not because he doesn't know how to.

Which is fucked, but not as fucked as not looking back on a play when he's supposed to.
                The Eagles under Kelly have seemed to me to have had a lot of problems with looking for the ball when they are supposed to. Just sayin'
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Possible. But you know Kelly isn't going to throw Huff under the bus.

I think Huff's got skills but concerned that he is prone to mistakes. Can't be throwing fifty times a game.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Defensive backs ... yes ... WR's I haven't taken much note of doing that.

Comment

I watched the play again ... he's clearly blocking the DB when the ball hits him.

Comment

Defensive backs ... yes ... WR's I haven't taken much note of doing that.
                        Interesting to hear on the show with Jenkins this afternoon that he said the entire defensive backfield was basically turned around and not facing the line of scrimmage when the Falcons called that draw play late in the game.

That was one of the plays that f*cked the Eagles majorly.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I watched the play again ... he's clearly blocking the DB when the ball hits him.
                          No doubt. But was he supposed to be?
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

No ... he had the wrong play in mind, as Kelly said he did

My point was that it's one thing to be so football stupid that you don't look back when you're supposed to and it's another thing if you just made a mistake on the play call (every player does that on occasion)

Comment

I think it was one of those zone read options where Bradford could decide to pull the ball out of the RBs stomach and throw a hot read pass to a WR. I think Chucky said that in the moment (which partly makes me think it wasn't one of those because Chucky is rarely right)

If that is the case, it would make sense why Huff was looking to purely block, but also highlight the fact that he's still not thinking at the level needed in this offense or that he and Bradford aren't on the same page with changes at the line. The fact that Huff missed most of the preseason games would have a lot to do with that.
                              Last edited by Sect 236; 09-16-2015, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X