You know, when the team has been healthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, when the team has been healthy

The Eagles have a very high functioning offense every season since 2010.

That makes going on six years of shit defenses. I'm getting tired of that.

Just need better technique. Problem solved!

Comment

I don't think Billy Davis is the guy to right the ship either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
        I don't think Billy Davis is the guy to right the ship either.
        No. He. Is. Not.

Comment

Michael Irvin, interviewed on WFAN earlier today, was astonished at the lack of help Maxwell got on Jones, for what that's worth.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I don't necessarily blame Davis for seeing if Maxwell could reasonably cover him one-on-one at first. But to never adjust? Shows that Davis hasn't adjusted from last year when he kept making that same mistake.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He played single high safety against a team with a mediocre RB and one of the best receivers in the damn league.

Is he adjusting his approach to what the other team's personnel is? I don't think so.

Did you see that WTF? shit about how Maxwell was fine and only needs to adjust his technique?

Technique in what?

Engaging his magic bionic switch so he can run with Julio Jones?

Comment

I didn't see that. Davis scares the crap out of me. I know they are a little thin at corner/safety, but there is talent on this defense. Front 7 is pretty legit. There's no excuse to have a garbage defense this year. It's not the players.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  I didn't see that. Davis scares the crap out of me. I know they are a little thin at corner/safety, but there is talent on this defense. Front 7 is pretty legit. There's no excuse to have a garbage defense this year. It's not the players.
                  I think that was Kelly who said that he just has to correct his Technique. Kelly the gm is worrying me.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I seem to recall during the Jim Johnson days he did a great job at neutralizing elite receivers. I know passing has changed since then but cmon.

Wasn't their point of emphasis this season not to give up as many "X plays"? Off to a bad start on that one.

Comment

The conclusion was reached after reviewing the film in conjunction, and after discussion, with Davis (I think I heard/read somewhere)

Comment

Eh, I'm not worried about that just yet. I'm not going to label Maxwell a bum after one game. Kiko and Thurmond each had INT's. Demarco didn't do a whole lot but he did score two TD's. Matthews had that one drop but otherwise played well. Waaaay to early in the season to judge, but, for the most part the guys he picked up contributed.

Comment

BTW - In his defense, they did shut Jones down in the second half ... except after they took the lead and he burned Maxwell for 40 yds to set up the go ahead FG.

So we can hope he's better than we think ... but I'm not real warm and fuzzy.

Comment

Two words: Exotic Blitz
                            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                            X