Still can't get over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still can't get over

Chip not drafting an OL this year. Just a mind boggling decision.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Why?

Let's say he picked one in Rd. 2 - what makes you think a 2nd round OL would crack the starting five on this team right off the bat?

For longer-term planning, an OL might have been nice - but I doubt it would have made any difference in the outcome of last week's game or any game in the coming first half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
      Let's say he picked one in Rd. 2 - what makes you think a 2nd round OL would crack the starting five on this team right off the bat?

For longer-term planning, an OL might have been nice - but I doubt it would have made any difference in the outcome of last week's game or any game in the coming first half of the season.
      It's not about this year. Who's replacing Peters in a few years? Who's developing to take over the Guard spot(s)?

I'm fine with the current line, but that's assuming no injuries. OL has shit depth/potential right now.
      Last edited by Melchior; 09-17-2015, 11:04 AM.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
        It's not about this year. Who's replacing Peters in a few years? Who's developing to take over the Guard spot(s)?

I'm fine with the current line, but that's assuming no injuries. OL has shit depth/potential right now.
        Not saying I agree with it, but I guess the thinking was that the team had so many holes that there was almost no way to address them all in a single offseason. Need to develop secondary players, linebackers, needed to replace Maclin, etc. Enormous risk, both this year and moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
          Not saying I agree with it, but I guess the thinking was that the team had so many holes that there was almost no way to address them all in a single offseason. Need to develop secondary players, linebackers, needed to replace Maclin, etc. Enormous risk, both this year and moving forward.
          I look at the Hicks pick. With Alonso and Kendricks, you have your guys. Brad Jones and Acho/Goode were fine backups. You can find starting OL in the 3rd round.

I mean, I'm glad ILB is fine for the next 5 years, but if the OL breaks down this year, they're going to be scrambling.

Comment

I look at the Hicks pick. With Alonso and Kendricks, you have your guys. Brad Jones and Acho/Goode were fine backups. You can find starting OL in the 3rd round.

I mean, I'm glad ILB is fine for the next 5 years, but if the OL breaks down this year, they're going to be scrambling.
            I want to think Kelly sees something in his O Line, both starters and backups, that I don't (yet, anyway). It would help explain why he cut Mathis AND Herremans, AND decided he could wait a year to draft more -- that he's seen enough of his starters to really think they're capable of being great this year and moving forward, and that the backups are actually pretty good as far as backups go.

I dunno. I'm at least as worried about the O Line as I am about Bradford's health.

Comment

If Chip guessed wrong about the line then bringing in Bradford, Murray and R. Matthews was a bit of a waste.

Comment

Especially when there was a hyped-up Duck that kept sliding in the draft.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

This. Hicks = Mucus

Plus, what if you drafted an OT that could be a backup G this season...developed into a starting End for the 17 or 18 season...

Comment

Working...
                  X