Only win since last season's collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only win since last season's collapse

was in a meaningless game against the Vagiants. That's disturbing.

It is also disturbing that pretty much all of the players Kelly brought in this off season to replace guys that were let go have underachieved.

But what is most disturbing to me is the possibility that last years Seattle game and this year's Atlanta game may have given teams the blueprint on how to stop Kelly's offense.

If opposing defenses have figured out how to stop Kelly's offense, I think we are f*cked because I don't see any signs that Kelly will change what he is doing.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I agree with you about him not changing. Do you think he has only "his system"? Does he even know how to run a conventional offense?

Comment

What's to "figure out?" I think Kelly has designed a really clever way of getting plays in quickly, negating the need for a huddle. After 12 years of Reid's slow, inefficient communication methods (which may have cost us the superbowl), I have nothing but respect for that. I think it gives the team an edge.

But that's all. It's not some revolutionary, automatic-checkmate strategy, and I don't think there is such a thing in football. You still have to block and tackle, and I didn't see the o-line make a run block all afternoon.

I'm not exonerating Kelly. If the o-line is getting mauled, shame on gm kelly for not addressing it in the flurry of off-season moves. If they're blocking the wrong guys or confused about the protection, than shame on coach kelly for not teaching it properly. But "the system" is neither the problem nor the solution. Getting good players, and getting them to run the same plays every other team runs, just a bit better is.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-press View Post
        What's to "figure out?" I think Kelly has designed a really clever way of getting plays in quickly, negating the need for a huddle. After 12 years of Reid's slow, inefficient communication methods (which may have cost us the superbowl), I have nothing but respect for that. I think it gives the team an edge.

But that's all. It's not some revolutionary, automatic-checkmate strategy, and I don't think there is such a thing in football. You still have to block and tackle, and I didn't see the o-line make a run block all afternoon.

I'm not exonerating Kelly. If the o-line is getting mauled, shame on gm kelly for not addressing it in the flurry of off-season moves. If they're blocking the wrong guys or confused about the protection, than shame on coach kelly for not teaching it properly. But "the system" is neither the problem nor the solution. Getting good players, and getting them to run the same plays every other team runs, just a bit better is.
        I think Kelly telegraphs a lot of stuff to the defense. There is little variety to the formations the offense lines up in. This isn't college.

Rhetorically speaking, perhaps there is something to calling a different formation and giving a different look to an NFL defense once in a while. Maybe there is something to lining the QB up under center when the situation calls for it.

With Kelly, it's all read option, and we all know Bradford running is not much of an option. So that pretty much takes one of the options the opposing defense has to account for out of the picture right away.

The up tempo stiff worked early on... but there is no doubt this offense is not working right now. I think teams may have figured this out. There has been a steady decline in the productivity of the offense ever since Kelly originally took over.

I'd like to see Kelly pull a rabbit out of his visor right now.
        --------

Comment

Back to back drafts under chip: 0 OL taken.

Absolutely indefensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            Back to back drafts under chip: 0 OL taken.

Absolutely indefensible.
            It's almost as if he doesn't care about the future of the Eagles. Like they are some sort of grand experiment or something.
            --------

Comment

During that collosal goat fuck masquerading as an Eagles' football game I kept picturing Howie Roseman clapping his hands like a school girl.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-press View Post

It all starts and ends with the OL. I've never seen more defenders in the backfield more often than yesterday.

Given what they were asked to do, like be on the field the entire game, the D was not terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post
                  It all starts and ends with the OL. I've never seen more defenders in the backfield more often than yesterday.

Given what they were asked to do, like be on the field the entire game, the D was not terrible.
                  Completely agree the defense played respectably yesterday.

For one thing, they made a goal line stand. At the moment I thought they were never going to be able to pull that off.
                  --------

Comment

Working...
                  X