No announcement yet.

I'm trying really hard to be positive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying really hard to be positive.

We've all seen Eagles teams start off slow and rebound. With Romo and Dez out, this garbage division is still out there for the taking. D played well.

But I just don't see it. Something about that game was different. I almost got a dark, sick feeling watching it. I can't even imagine what it must have been like in that stadium.

Also, I don't like the stupid, entitled Eli-esque look on Bradford's face when things don't go right.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

It's hard not to feel like that. I'm with you. I've seen some wretched Eagles' football over the last 3+ decades but that was as bad of an offensive performance as this franchise has ever produced. Reminded me of the Tampa bay O in their first NFL SEASON.

That was straight up shit and is inexcusable. Kelly's redundant O is fooling absolutely nobody.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-21-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I can't see the offense rebounding. These guards aren't going to get better. If it was a "need more time to gel as a unit" problem, maybe, but this is a "not good enough to play in the NFL" problem. Peters looks old. Kelce has been making a lot of mistakes, presumably to overcompensate for the shit around him.

The defense, minus Maxwell, hasn't played that bad. That being said, Billy Davis is the most predictable DC in the NFL. Even if the offense got their act together, I have zero faith in the defense actually making a stand when it mattered.

I agree with you, yesterday just felt different. How much are Revis and Cromartie looking forward to jumping Bradford's passes to the flat all next week? Think their young and super talented DL is worried about Gardner and/or Barbre getting in their way? Brandon Marshall against Maxwell should go well.

Comment

The sun burned us to a Crisp

and then so did the team,,,was tough to plunk down$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, for that Kind of performance. But the "Tail" Gayte was incredible.. I know no one wants to hear that. Was a sic feeling when Deer in the headlights Bradford threw that pick,,,we were right behind the endzone,,,the DB had inside position,,ball should have never been thrown!
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Ironic....

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          We've all seen Eagles teams start off slow and rebound. With Romo and Dez out, this garbage division is still out there for the taking. D played well.

But I just don't see it. Something about that game was different. I almost got a dark, sick feeling watching it. I can't even imagine what it must have been like in that stadium.

Also, I don't like the stupid, entitled Eli-esque look on Bradford's face when things don't go right.
          ...like you and OB, I had similar feelings during Reid's last years. This past offseason I was warming up to feeling positive about this franchise.

Level of caring just dropped again and can not imagine anymore serious investment....the return just isn't good enough.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I have to admit I felt sorry for the fans who shelled out good money to watch that travesty yesterday.

I was eight months old when this franchise won their last title and I told the wife yesterday I'll probably be dead three times over when they do it again.

Comment

Bradford isn't respected to run. Bradford isn't respected to pass beyond ten yards. The defenses get to play on their toes instead of their heels.

It starts with him.
              Last edited by Drama Queen; 09-21-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Read this and try

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...c-5befed46a9c9
                DB

Comment

What the hell does "People are defending us to not throw over the top" mean? Teams are defending the long pass (no) or teams aren't bothering to defend the long pass (hell yes)?

Comment

I know. Everyone in the world knows. Our opponents sure as shit know too.

The jets might pitch a fucking shutout this Sunday. Their D is 10x better than Dallas'

Hope the Eagles (not us) Come out pissed and tear them a new asshole. But, I doubt they will. Or can.
                    Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-21-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Bad Oline play always scares me. And until something changes, recipe for stopping the Eagle O is out there for all to see. Chipster has his work cut out for him. If he turns it around, it will be a great coaching performance.

Thing is, this could take years to overcome. Sammy will leave after this year, so who plays QB? The Oline is a mess.

Chip, right the ship.
                      ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

I feel all better now
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                        X