• Show
Clear All

• Temple v Notre Dame

Who does Irish George root for?
    DB

Fear the owl

Comment

Pretty easy

Though ND was one of my very first rooting intersts as a kid, I have seen multiple national championships from the Irish while a fan. Gotta go with the Owls in this one.

A Temple win if both teams are unbeaten would be beyond epic. It would go a long way toward bringing college football interest back to Philly. Would help the University and put Temple in the major bowl picture...maybe even the playoff picture. A pipe dream? Maybe. But fun to think about for a program many fans and even Alumni like Anthony wanted to see taken down.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Frankly

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        Though ND was one of my very first rooting intersts as a kid, I have seen multiple national championships from the Irish while a fan. Gotta go with the Owls in this one.

A Temple win if both teams are unbeaten would be beyond epic. It would go a long way toward bringing college football interest back to Philly. Would help the University and put Temple in the major bowl picture...maybe even the playoff picture. A pipe dream? Maybe. But fun to think about for a program many fans and even Alumni like Anthony wanted to see taken down.
        It would be freaking awesome to see Temple in a New Years Day bowl and being in the playoffs would be supernova time. I know I don't have the right to cheer for them yadadada, but it would be totally cool.
        DB

Comment

After last week I just hope the team isn't looking past any opponents. I've heard a lot of talk about them being undefeated going into that ND game, almost like it's a given.

Comment

ECU the week before Notre Dame is the game that scares me the most. ECU is a pretty good team and its in NC.

Comment

clearly not a given...

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              After last week I just hope the team isn't looking past any opponents. I've heard a lot of talk about them being undefeated going into that ND game, almost like it's a given.
              this is Temple football we are talking about. However, the mere fact that it is even possible is pretty amazing. Good for Temple, good for football fans who are disappointed in the Eagles, good for the college game in Philly.
              Last edited by Irish George; 09-25-2015, 04:23 PM.
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

this is Temple football we are talking about. However, the mere fact that it is even possible is pretty amazing. Good for Temple, good for football fans who are disappointed in the Eagles, good for the college game in Philly.
                Couldn't agree more. There seems to be a casual interest in Temple football around the city now, which is pretty cool. If they were undefeated going into that ND game there would be interest across the county, which is something I thought was impossible.

Comment

Working...
                X