Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever try to enforce a tire tread life warranty before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever try to enforce a tire tread life warranty before?

Is it like finding a unicorn or a leprechaun?

I hope to learn from this experience.

i believe using them on a public road voids the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      Is it like finding a unicorn or a leprechaun?

I hope to learn from this experience.

Just one tire out of a set? Or is it a whole set that is just worn out before it was suppose to?

Reason I asked is because they will throw all kinds of possible issues at you depending on wear patterns, underinflated, overinflated, car out of alignment, so on and so forth.

Comment

Do you have proof that you rotated them per mfg recommendations...?
        Every 3000-5000 miles. (Which is totally absurd)

If you drive 50 miles/day that means rotating your tires every other month.
        Who does that ? They set an impossible standard for a reason

Comment

Two out of four. Tires are less than a year old. I fully expect to get hosed. I will take some lessons from this after 39 years of driving.

Comment

Two out of four. Tires are less than a year old. I fully expect to get hosed. I will take some lessons from this after 39 years of driving.

Are the two that are worn the ones on the drive axle, if so PW is correct they will throw the rotation card at you.

Comment

If they don't hose you with the exceptions, they get you with the prorated value hook.

Comment

Yep. I'll settle for any credit even the old I'll take my business elsewhere credit.

Comment

BTW...what make/brand of tire? I'm looking at replacing 4 of them very soon. Damned factory tires are nearly shot at 30,000 miles.

Comment

Falken. The two not on the drive axle are in great shape. I'll take some blame but shit it's only been like 20000 miles.

Comment

I don't think I've ever had a first set of tires last less than 40K miles

Just replaced tires on the durango at 50K. They were pretty shot tho, prolly should've done it sooner
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

You have the paperwork ? I had the same issue with Firestone, so after arguing I went in got my 4 new tires and left. They filed a complaint against me I emailed the main office with my paperwork and threatened to tell everyone on facebook, twitter and anywhere else I could about the cheating poor service, guess what happened, not only got the tires for FREE as I should have they sent me a coupon for a FREE oil change. GOTTA BITCH.

Comment

thecrockofshitfather

You expect us to believe you basically stole 4 tires from a tire store and got away with it? Right...
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Firestone sucks. I had two tires go bad on my BMW 700 series. Immediately went to Ashley Schaeffer BMW and argued the shit out of it. Manager went to call the owner, sobbing. BAM! Got out with 4 new tires. Owner then calls BBB on my ass, files a complaint. So I end up cutting open each tire, carefully, with a razor, and shitting inside. I heat sealed the fuckers. Returned them under warranty with a big fuck you. None of those motherfuckers even blinked an eye. For FREE. They sent me a coupon for a FREE oil change. GOTTA BITCH.

Comment

Working...
                            X